Competitions 32nd Chelsea International Fine Art Competition
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: February 21, 2017 – The competition is open to visual artists from around the world at any stage of their careers. Artists are invited to submit in any of the following mediums: painting, sculpture, photography, drawing, mixed media, and print. Art submitted to the competition will be reviewed by a panel of expert jurors, each representing a different field in the art world, ensuring a fair and balanced judgment process.
The 2017 competition exhibition is scheduled to take place at the street-level space of Agora Gallery at 530 West 25th Street, Chelsea, NYC, from August 19 to August 30, 2017.
All visual artists worldwide above the age of 18 are eligible to participate.
Accepted Media includes painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, digital, printing, and mixed media are eligible. Please note that all submitted artwork must be available for sale.
- Two-dimensional artwork dimensions cannot be larger than 75 x 85 inches (192 x 218 centimeters)
- Three-dimensional artwork (i.e., sculptures) cannot be larger than 72 x 72 x 24 inches (184 x 184 x 61 centimeters)
- Federica Chiocchetti – Photography Critic, Curator and Editor, London
- Anne-Brigitte Sirois – Advocate for the Arts, Curator and Dealer, New York
- Robert Farber – Photographer, New York
- Kyoko Sato – Curator and Producer of International Exhibitions, New York
- Suzanne Anker – Visual Artist, Theorist, Chair, BFA Fine Arts Department, School of Visual Arts, NY
- David C. Terry – Director and Curator, Dept. of Grants and Exhibitions, New York Foundation for Arts
- 30 artists will be selected to exhibit in the collective exhibition, which will take place at Agora Gallery.
- 5 artists will be awarded a cash prize of $1,000 each.
- The exhibition will be announced in a NY art magazine (such as Gallery Guide, M Magazine, etc.)
- An image of your artwork will be published in a color catalog specifically produced for the collective exhibition.
- 3 artists will be awarded a one-page review with 3 color images in ARTisSpectrum Magazine.
- 5 artists will be awarded one year of exposure on ARTmine, which includes an artist statement composed in ARTmine’s talented art writers.
- 10 artists will receive an Honorable Mention and a complimentary entry to the 33rd Chelsea International Fine Art Competition
- Plus more.
There is a $45 entry fee for up to 5 images ($5 for each additional image).
Results Announced: Mar 20, 2017
Founded in 1984 by a fine artist, Agora Gallery is a contemporary art gallery dedicated to the promotion of national and international artists who seek the exposure that will establish them in the most significant art market in the world while providing a platform that connects them and their artwork to the most discerning collectors worldwide. Located in the heart of the famous Chelsea art district, Agora Gallery occupies both the ground and second floor of 530 West 25th Street.
530 W 25th St
New York, NY 10001