Call for Submissions NYC Summer Invitational
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: June 1, 2016 – Art Essex Gallery is pleased to announce this opportunity for participation in our annual juried exhibition hosted in a ground floor gallery in NYC in a prime Chelsea Arts District location. Open to artists worldwide, and mediums: painting, drawing, mixed media, ceramics, sculpture, Photography, printmaking.
Curated By: George Billis
Exhibition July 26-August 20, 2016 at the George Billis Gallery, New York City
The George Billis Gallery is an exhibition space with locations in New York City and Los Angeles. The New York gallery was established on March 25th, 1997, and was the 12th Gallery to open in the Chelsea Arts District. In 2004, George Billis opened a second location in the burgeoning art district of Culver City, Los Angeles. The Gallery features work by both national and international emerging and established artists.
525 W 26th St
New York, NY 10001
- All work must be framed or professionally presented. Any scratched, damaged or worn frames will not be accepted.
- Titles, medium, dimension, and retail prices of the pieces must be included with submission.
- All work must be wired properly for hanging, unless the aesthetics of the piece requires a different method in which case instructions for hanging will be provided by the artist.
- All work should be priced appropriately. Art Essex Gallery will retain 50% commission on the retail sale price without exception.
- All submissions MUST include: A printed Biography and/or Resume, and an Artist Statement.
- All submissions must be done via mail and include jpg image files on a CD or memory stick or slides. We will choose one piece from each accepted artist – unless asked otherwise. Please submit up to SIX (6) medium resolution images (under 1-2MB) for consideration, of work available for showing. Please attach all required materials with your mailed application.
- All applications must be done via regular mail. Walk-in submissions will not be accepted.
- Please label image files as follows: ARTIST’S NAME, TITLE OF PIECE, SIZE.
- Accepted artwork must be available and for retail sale and received by the shipping deadline of Wednesday, July 20 by 6:00 PM, accepted works must be appropriately labeled with name, title, dimensions, medium, date, size, retail price. Please do not send personal business cards/brochures with accepted artwork.
JURY FEE ($45)
This includes submission and review of a maximum of 6 images. Money Orders only, please submit the money order with your submission application, made payable to Art Essex Gallery.
Please download and complete the Application and send with your submission by mail with money order for $45 made to Art Essex Gallery, bio/resume, CD or slides.
Art Essex Gallery and/or its jurors reserve the right to choose artwork deemed appropriate. Artists will be notified as early as possible after the jury convenes, either via email, letter, or phone call with the committee’s decision regarding submission. Please be patient during the jury process as there is a high volume of applicants for consideration. Please note that although your work might meet all of the criteria at an acceptable level, the committee reserves the right to refuse work based on suitability to the atmosphere and aesthetics of summer invitational and available space. All Sales Final.
SHIPPING OF ACCEPTED WORK
Artist is responsible for ALL shipping costs for delivery to and from the NYC gallery. You MUST include a return-shipping label from Fed Ex/UPS with shipment to the gallery. If you live in proximity to NYC and would like to hand deliver and pick up your piece that could be arranged.
Works selected and chosen by art essex gallery for the exhibit must be delivered or shipped to the gallery by: Wednesday, July 20 by 6:00 pm unless instructed otherwise.
Retail price is the price the gallery will list for the selling price, the gallery commission is 50% upon sale of the art. As an example, your retail price is $1,500. your commission is $750, and the gallery commission is $750.
Artist agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Art Essex Gallery and each of their respective affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, curators and contractors against all claims, losses, suits, damages, judgments, expenses, costs (including without limitation reasonable legal fees and amounts paid in settlement) and charges of every kind arising out of or resulting from (i) Artist’s execution of this Agreement or its occupancy of the space herein contracted for, or (ii) the acts, omissions, or negligence of Artist, Art Essex Gallery, or, its employees, agents, or contractors, or other Artists by reason of personal injuries, death or property damage or any other cause of action sustained by any persons or others.
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, JUNE 1ST, BY 6 P.M.
Show Dates: July 26 – August 20, 2016
Artist Reception: Thursday, July 28, From 5 – 8 P.M.
Any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will respond to your emails quickly.
Art Essex Gallery is located in New York City and produces invitational shows and art fairs around the country.