Public Art RFP Beam Camp Seeks Proposals for Spectacular Projects
International Deadline: January 8, 2017 – Worldwide call seeks ideas from Engineers, Architects, Designers, Sculptors, Builders, Technologists, Artists and Makers of all kinds.
Beam Camp, a specialized summer camp for building and collaboration located in Strafford, NH, announces its annual international search to find its 2017 Beam Projects. The large-scale collaborative projects are realized by Beam campers, aged 10-17, and staff at the camp’s 106-acre facility in Strafford, New Hampshire.
Projects are budgeted at $12,500. Winning designers receive a $3,000 honorarium, travel costs, and are invited to visit camp during the project’s production.
Proposals can be submitted on the Beam Camp website until Sunday, January 8, 2017 with Semi-finalists notified on Sunday, January 18, 2017 and winners announced on Tuesday, January 31, 2017.
Beam offers these prompts for proposals:
- Proposals from creative individuals with big ideas, including but not limited to Artists, Engineers, Architects, Builders, Filmmakers, Musicians, Designers, Technologists, etc.
- Big ideas that result in a unique, ambitious, and spectacular product
- Proposals that communicate a clear vision (sketches, diagrams, and other visuals are always helpful) and represent your/your team’s expertise
- Projects that are ambitious enough to occupy and challenge 100 campers and 20+ staff members for approximately 50 hours
- Projects that take advantage of Beam’s facilities, community, landscape and rural setting
- Projects that use a range of materials, processes and techniques
Projects that allow us to create the majority of the components onsite and from scratch
Beam Camp is a summer program for kids aged 10-17 in Strafford, New Hampshire. Since 2011, 350 campers have attended Beam Camp at little or no cost to their families. Beam Camp is a program of New York City’s Beam Center, a non-profit organization that builds communities of making and learning in and out of school that promote equity and provide pathways to college and career for NYC youth.
60 Sackett Street
Brooklyn, NY 11231
55 Boy Scout Road
Strafford, NH 03884