Competitions Photo Shoot: 2016
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: October 7, 2016 – Black Box Gallery is excited to announce an open themed juried group photo show. Show us your favorite photographic shots. Open to all themes and ideas, all methods and styles, all perspectives on crafsmanship and visions of photographic creativity. This should be a fun show with a diversity of work!
Exhibition Dates: November 1-20, 2016
Opening Reception: Friday November 4, 6-8:00 pm
JUROR: Todd Johnson
Todd Johnson is a conceptual and experimental photographer living and working in Portland, Oregon. His photographic work uses abstract metaphor, social critique, dark humor and personal narrative. Johnson received his MFA in photography from the San Francisco Art Institute. Todd is the founder and director of Black Box Gallery… (see more)
BENEFITS & AWARDS
- Each exhibition will have 24 photographs selected by the juror for exhibition at the gallery.
- An additional 30 photographs will be selected by the juror for exhibition in our on-line gallery annex.
- All 54 photographs from the show will be included in a catalog available for purchase on Blurb Books.
- Black Box will provide Free printing, Free matting and Free framing for all of our exhibitions.
- All exhibition prints will be kept in a flat file after the show for future sale and promotion for the photographer. This will allow the gallery to further promote our photographers and exhibitions to collectors, curators, critics and to the general public. Black Box will shread all gallery prints after 5 years of exhibition in the flat files.
The photographers who are selected into the exhibition by the juror will provide a high resolution Tiff or JPEG file for our gallery to print.
We have 18” x 24” black frames. Our white mats are pre cut for 12” x 18”, 12” x 12” and 12” x 16” prints (we also have a few other odd sized matts). We print on an Epson Stylus Pro archival ink jet printer, on Epson Premium Luster Photo paper, in a color-calibrated environment. This is a very accurate custom print, just like a custom lab would print, we have over 20 years of custom printing experience.
Black Box Gallery takes a 50% commission on all sales, 50% goes to the photographer. If artist prefers the print does not have to be for sale. Print will be for exhibition and promotion only.
$35 per entry (an entry includes up to 5 photos). Use PayPal on our website or send check. If sending a check: please indicate sending a check in the email submission.
Black Box Gallery
811 East Burnside St. # 212
Portland Oregon 97214
HOW TO APPLY
Send in the entry fee and then send an email with the title of the email ‘Photo Shoot: 2016’, to: email@example.com
In the body of the email please include the following info:
- Your Name
- Exhibition Name
- Titles of Included Photos with corresponding file name
- Attach up to 5 photos, as instructed below
- File Set Up: Jpeg files, 1024 pixels on the longest side at 72 DPI, 3MB or less each (saved).
- Name Files: firstname_lastname1.jpg, firstname_lastname2.jpg, firstname_lastname3.jpg, etc
All photographers will be notified 10-14 days after the deadline about juror selections.
All rights to the photographs remain with the photographer.
Black Box Gallery is dedicated to the exhibition of contemporary photography and provides important opportunities for emerging and established photographers.
Black Box supports and encourages the creative production, exhibition and critical appreciation for contemporary photography. Exhibited Artists have come from Russia, Germany, Japan, New York, Chicago, London, San Francisco, Korea, Iceland, Los Angeles, Portland, Australia, China, Houston, Seattle and everywhere in-between.