International Deadline: July 28, 2017 – Gilded Pear Gallery seeks artist’s submissions that best exemplify the nature of Framework according to their own commentary and vocabulary.
Framework is, in part, inspired by Cedar Rapids: a small city with an incredible community that rallied around businesses and residents when flood waters threatened its established infrastructure. As an industry town it continues building, constantly restructuring, not only in its edifice but in its principles.
Exhibition dates: October 13th – November 24th.
All emerging and professional artists 18 and over, living in the United States and Canada, may apply. Open to all two and three- dimensional mediums as well as video media.
Jurying will be conducted from images and videos of individual works available for the exhibition. The Juror will make selections for the exhibition from digital images and work statements to develop the exhibition.
JUROR | Kristina Fjellman
Kristina is an emerging visual artist and performer, and is eager to combine these passions. She has exhibited her sculptural fiber art across the Midwest and in the Twin Cities, is a 2010-2011 recipient of a Jerome Fiber Art Project Grant at the Minnesota Textile Center, and has performed with The Winding Sheet Outfit, Red Eye Theater and Sandbox Theatre. Her work with The Winding Sheet Outfit’s Theater of the Tiny Clandestines received a Knight Arts Challenge grant in 2015… more
- Works may be hung from the ceiling. Wall mounted works must not exceed 40 pounds. All artworks must be able to fit through a standard size door.
- Video submissions are welcome, specific displays (anything outside of standard screening) are asked to be provided by the artist. (please coordinate with email@example.com)
APPLY ONLINE – $35 for three entries
Accepted artwork must be submitted digital entries. No Substitutions. All Digital Submissions. No Slides will be accepted.
Acceptance Notification: August 18th (via email)
All works must be for sale. The artist receives 50% of the sale. By submitting artwork, the artist agrees that images of selected artwork and the submitted text can be used by Gilded Pear Gallery for promotions and publications.
- Submission Deadline: July 28th (midnight CT)
- Acceptance Notification: August 18th (via email)
- Opening Reception: October 20th
- Exhibition dates: October 13th – November 24th
- Hand Delivered Works: By appointment until October 6th
- Shipped works to arrive no later than October 2nd
- Installation: October 6th-12th
Gilded Pear Gallery
808 Third Avenue SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52403