Festivals 15th Annual Indian Wells Arts Festival
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: October 17, 2016; January 9, 2017 – The 15th annual Indian Wells Arts Festival… an International Palette! Join more than 10,000 art enthusiasts, collectors and serious buyers in attendance, March 31 – April 1 & 2, 2017 at one of the most pristine venues in the beautiful Palm Springs Desert Resorts area, the Indian Wells Tennis Garden, home to the BNP Paribas Tennis Tournament.
Celebrating its 15th year of success, artists travel from across the Nation and from as far as Japan, Africa, Central and South America, the United Kingdom, Europe and beyond each year to showcase their contemporary and traditional fine art and high quality craft. A total of 200 artists are selected to participate by jury, with the 2017 Indian Wells Arts Festival’s Primary Jury deadline set for October 17, 2016, and 60 places held for the Secondary Jury deadline of January 9, 2017.
“Auditors agreed the quality and balance of work was present at the show, and gave a score of 9.4 to each, while the prestige of show was ranked a nice 9.6.” -Sunshine Artist Magazine, August 2016 Issue
Open to all media artists, 15 mediums and categories are judged for awards in painting, drawing, 2D and 3D mixed-media, printmaking, photography, and other 2-dimensional, as well as sculpture, jewelry, hand-woven textile or fiber, non-functional, utilitarian, wearable-art, and found art.
- Booth fees affordably range from $300 for a 10’ x10’ single space and $600 for a 10’ x 20’ double space, with electricity optional at an additional fee
- Reported sales of $765,000 in 2016 are fostered by the Festival’s established reputation for fine and high-quality art
- Privately gated venue with 24-hour security and unparalleled state-of-the-art facilities which include on-call booth sitters; free Wi-Fi internet access; and luxury on-site restrooms
- Artists are required to be in attendance daily
What to expect in 2017:
- On-going artist promotion opportunities through artist spotlights across all IWAF social media and in video podcasts; and IWAF blog features, all at no additional cost to the artists
- Strong public relations and media coverage; local and select major-market editorials and press releases
- Easy artist Check-in and Express Check-out
- Real-time show updates and communications via text message
- Complimentary artist hospitality with fresh snacks and beverages
- Live jazz and entertainment ambiance designed to indulge and motivate buyers
- Guests are greeted as VIPs with free and valet parking available, event programs, and free ‘be-back’ passes
- Interactive activities and artist demonstrations
- Children’s activities along with special exhibits
- Gourmet specialties at the Gourmet MarketPlace lining the festival entryway
- Local charities incorporated as Festival Partners, with donations towards their art scholarship funds
- Saturday & Sunday “Eggs + Champagne in the Garden” brunch menu till noon
- Champagne Circle Bar and RumChata Bar service, and full-menu restaurants in the shaded courtyard pavilion
* Ranked consistently as one of the 100 Best Fine Art Shows in the country by Sunshine Artist magazine.