Call for Submissions Kirkland Art Center’ 2018 Exhibition Season
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: March 31, 2017 – The Kirkland Art Center in Clinton, NY seeks submissions for our 2018 – 2019 exhibition season. All visual media accepted.
The gallery is the main room of a former Methodist church with an over 50 year track record of exhibiting the work of regional and national contemporary artists. There is uninterrupted wall space along two 47 foot walls with 16 foot ceilings. Adjustable track lighting runs parallel to each wall.
KAC is responsible for:
- Publicity: announcement cards (mailed to our member list and distributed locally), web site and social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram and e-newsletter).
- Opening reception with refreshments provided
- All artwork is insured while on premises
- KAC receives a 30% commission on all sold artwork
TO APPLY – No Application Fee
Please submit via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “KAC EXHIBITIONS” in the subject line:
- 10 jpeg images clearly labeled with artist name and title of work
- A corresponding slide list that includes: the artists name, title of work,
date of work, medium and dimensions
- A one page artist statement
- Note that you saw this announcement on “ArtDeadline.Com”
Selection is based on quality of work presented for review. The KAC Exhibition Committee is comprised of working artists, art and museum professionals and KAC Staff who select and schedule exhibitions. The committee convenes for the selection process once per year.
The Kirkland Art Center was established over 50 years ago. The KAC is an active, regional, multi-arts center, located in an old church, barn and connecting addition, on the village green. Demonstrating quality, diversity and multi-cultural programming, both at our facility and off-site, the KAC has become a major cultural force in central New York and through cooperation with other cultural institutions has developed a network of services and opportunities for artists and art lovers of all disciplines.
The Kirkland Art Center
9 1/2 East Park Row
PO Box 213
Clinton, New York 13323
The KAC Gallery is open to the public T-F 9:30 am – 4:30 pm and by appointment.