Competitions London Contemporary Art Prize 2017
International Deadline: December 1, 2016 – The London Contemporary Art Prize aims to reveal and promote artists who have yet to establish a profile on the contemporary London art scene. The Prize is aimed at artists working in one or more of the following media: drawing, printing, painting, photography, digital art, sculpture and video.
Applications from artists working in all mediums, and international artists are welcome.
The 20 finalists will be exhibited at The Store Street Gallery. It will run from 24th January to 24th February 2017.
The first prize is a £1000.00 and 12 months representation with LCA gallery. An exhibition of the 20 finalists will be held on the 24th January – 24th February 2017.
The judges will be looking for artists who demonstrate the very best in creative process and promotes craftsmanship and technique.
All works will be judged anonymously and there will be no segregation by country, genre or style, etc.
An administration/entry fee of £10 for up to 5 works is required for all entrants. Fees will not be refunded if applicants are not chosen for the finalist exhibition, however all applications will be featured in our online catalogue for the exhibition.
Visit us online to apply
THE SELECTION PROCESS
The panel of judges will initially review all entries from the digital submission process. They will then select 20 artists to display at the finalists exhibition at the gallery. The first prize will be judged from the physical works once the exhibition has been mounted at the gallery.
Works will be available for sale during the exhibition with the gallery taking a 50% commission of the wall price.
- 1st December 2016 – Deadline for online entries, by midnight
- 14th December 2016 – Results of initial judging emailed to artists by this date
- 10th January 2017 – Shortlisted artists submit works to Store Street Gallery
- 24th January 2017 – Exhibition Opening, Winners Announcement and Prize Giving
- 24th – 18th Febuary 2017 – Exhibition at Store Street, London
- 26th February 2017 – Unsold works to be collected from Store Street Gallery.
- Any artwork uncollected by the 1st March 2017 will be removed to storage in South London and incur a £25 per week charge.
London Contemporary Art – LCA – is a dynamic company dealing in art created by carefully chosen artists from around the world. We supply artwork to selected galleries for exhibition, interior design companies with site specific work and changing displays to private members clubs, hospitals and businesses in London. LCA exhibits at a number of art fairs in the UK and North America.
London Contemporary Art
32 Store Street,
London. WC1E 7BS
Tel: 020 7580 2118