Competitions 2017 Open Sculpture Exhibition
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
U.S. National Deadline: March 1, 2017 – Marin Society of Artists’ announces an open call for U.S. artists for its upcoming ‘2017 Open Sculpture Exhibition’, to be on display April 5 through April 30, 2017.
You are invited to submit digital images of up to three (3) of your original works, not previously shown in a Marin Society of Artists juried exhibition. Open only to sculpture art works, including work in ceramics, fiber, glass, metal, paper, plastic, stone and wood. Both traditional and non-traditional, functional and nonfunctional work will be accepted.
First Place: $200
Second Place: $100
Third Place: $ 75
Non-monetary Honorable Mention awards, may be given at Juror’s discretion.
Jeff Owen is a SF Bay area and nationally recognized abstract metal sculptor. His sculptures express the emotions, concepts, dreams, and patterns he sees in life. (see more bio on Prospectus)
Art work size limitation 3D work not to exceed 48″x 48 x 48″; cannot exceed 50 pounds. Waivers can be requested and may or may not be granted.
A non-refundable entry fee will be charged. Maximum of three entries per artist.
- Entry fee for Non-members: $25 for one; $35 for two; $45 for three.
- Entry fee for Marin Society of Artists members: $20 for one; $30 for two; $40 for three.
Visit us for complete Prospectus and easy online entry.
By submitting work for exhibit, the Exhibitor authorizes MSA to sell such work for the “Show Price” indicated for each work on the entry form. After a sale occurs MSA will reimburse the exhibitor an amount equal to the “Show Price” less 30% commission for MSA members; 40% commission for Non-members.
- Digital entries deadline: Wednesday March 1, by midnight
- Accepted entries posted to website: Friday, March 17, by midnight
- All sculpture to be delivered and installed by the artist: Sunday, April 2, 1 to 4pm; and/or Monday, April 3, 10am to 1pm
- Show opens: Wednesday, April 5
- Celebratory Party: Friday, April 14, 5pm to 9pm
- Show closes: Sunday, April 30 at 4 pm
- Pick up artwork: Sunday, April 30, 4pm to 6pm and/or
- Monday, May 1, 10am to 1pm
Marin Society of Artists was founded in 1927 by a small group of artists and craftspeople who not only wanted to create a space in which to exhibit and sell works of art, but also to help others to understand what constitutes good art. The Society operates its own gallery and is documented as a non-profit organization.
Marin Society of Artists
1515 3rd Street
San Rafael, CA 94901