Competitions 54th Annual Juried Competition
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
U.S. National Deadline: February 1, 2017 – The Masur Museum of Art’s Annual Juried Competition showcases contemporary artists throughout the United States of America working in any medium.
The 54th Annual Juried Competition is sponsored by CenturyLink.
The Masur Museum of Art is the largest collecting and exhibiting institution of modern and contemporary art in Northeast Louisiana.
Juried by Gia Hamilton, Joan Mitchell Center Director.
Awards will be given by Juror at the reception late April or early May. Artists do not have to be present to receive awards.
- Best in Show is $1,000.00 and total awards are $3,300.00.
- People’s Choice: The People’s Choice Award is $200.00 and will be voted on by visitors throughout the run of the exhibition.
- Best Packed: This award will honor the artist who packs their art in the most professional manner. The award is $100.00. No packing peanuts, feedbags, loose papers as packing materials, no cigarette butts, etc. These types of things will disqualify you! Show your work and our staff the respect they deserve. This prize will be decided by the Masur Museum staff.
The awards structure outside of what is listed will be determined by the Juror.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES (see complete Prospectus here)
- All submitting artists must be over 18 years old and reside in the United States.
- To be considered for entry all work must be completed after December 31, 2014.
- No previously entered material will be considered.
- Artist statement
- All three-dimensional work must be submitted with a description
- Two-dimensional work cannot exceed 85” in height and 60” in width.
- Video works can be uploaded
- Images of your submissions must accompany your completed entry form.
There is a $10.00 fee per entered artwork with a minimum of two entries and a maximum of five entries. Fees are non-refundable.
METHOD OF ENTRY
Please visit us online for details. You may enter either online or by mail.
If you wish to sell your work, please forward your business card, CV/resume, price list, and or artist statement with your entry form. The Masur Museum of Art does not receive a commission on sales.
- January 21, 2017: Postmarked submission deadline
- 11:59 pm, February 1, 2017: Online submission deadline
- 11:59 pm, Thursday, February 22, 2017: Artist notification
- March 14 -22, 2017: Parcel delivery of accepted artwork
- March 17 – 21, 2017: Hand delivery of accepted artwork (Delivery on 3/18 and 3/19 by appt)
- Reception TBD: Late April or early May
- March 29 – July 5, 2017: Exhibition on view
- July 6, 2017: First day of hand pick up period
- July 11, 2017: First day of delivery service pick up
- July 13, 2017: All work picked up or in route to artists
The Masur Museum of Art is the largest collecting and exhibiting institution of modern and contemporary art in Northeast Louisiana. We are dedicated to bringing our community dynamic public programming that emphasizes artists from Louisiana, the Southeast, and around the world.
Masur Museum of Art
1400 South Grand Street
Monroe, LA 71202