Internships NARS Foundation Internships
U.S. Regional Deadline: Ongoing – The New York Art Residency and Studios (NARS) Foundation is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit arts organization committed to supporting artists and curators on an international level as well engaging the local community in Brooklyn and the Greater New York area. NARS provides an array of creative support services and professional development opportunities for emerging and mid-career artists through short-term integrated residency programs, affordable long-term studio spaces, progressive exhibition programs, international exchanges, and engaging public programs that foster global understanding and dynamic cross-cultural dialogues. These services operate in conjunction with our community outreach initiatives to promote greater accessibility to contemporary art for the under-served local community in south Brooklyn. Our mission is to present diverse platforms on which to nurture creative inspiration and innovative cross-pollination of ideas.
Interns at the NARS Foundation have a chance to engage with artists in an international environment while gaining the invaluable experience of working for a not-for-profit arts organization.
Due to our small staff, interns play a key role in the overall administration and management of the organization and have the opportunity to present ideas and shape its path.
Young aspiring art professionals are encouraged to experience various aspects of running an artist residency, organizing exhibitions, developing public programs, and fund raising. The three internship positions at the NARS Foundation are:.
- Assist with press outreach
- Produce content and maintain active presence on various social media platforms
- Facilitate in producing and designing publicity material, including e-blasts, flyers, and announcements
EDUCATION & PROGRAMS INTERN
- Assist the Program Director with coordinating exhibitions including liaising with artists and cataloging work
- Assist in organizing exhibition/studio tours for the community and outside visitors
- Assist in organizing youth, family and school programs, including workshops, in-school activities and exhibition/studio tours
OPERATIONS & SPECIAL EVENTS INTERN
- Assist the Founding Director with facility operations including managing our 32 studios and gallery space
- Assist with coordinating special events, including our spring benefit, and provide logistical support for exhibitions
- Some grant research and development support for fundraising events
Interested candidates may apply for an internship at the NARS Foundation by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No telephone calls please.
We are always open to interested volunteers. If you have a specific area of expertise or skills that you would like to share, please let us know. Volunteers are also needed for special events and exhibitions.
If interested in volunteering with NARS, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest, skills, and availability.
201 46th Street 4th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11220