Competitions NYC4PA’ International: Wandering Curves
International Deadline: April 30, 2017 – The New York Center for Photographic Art (NYC4PA) invites photographers world-wide to submit images using any photographic process (print, image transfer, emulsion transfer, encaustic, black and white, color etc.).
Winners will receive over $3,000 in cash awards, be featured in the NYC4PA Online Gallery and Wandering Curves 2017 catalog. The Grand Prize winning image will be posted on the NYC4PA home page, and Cash prize winners and Juror Selections will be featured at the Fall 2017 NYC4PA gallery exhibition at the Jadite Gallery in Manhattan’s exciting Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood.
WANDERING CURVES – THE CURVE CHANGES EVERYTHING
Because everyone had so much fun that last time we ran this theme, we decided to challenge you once again to submit images that, rather than focusing on a particular subject, or color palette, have a curve, or curves, as a critical element. The possibilities are endless, from winding roads to automobile trim to the curvaceous form of an elephant’s trunk when feeding. And don’t forget the round edge of grandpa’s bald head or a cold refreshing scoop of ice cream sitting atop a cone. Curves are all around us all the time. Capture them as a dominant element of your images and send them in. Have fun with this.
This Call for Entries is open worldwide to both amateur and professional photographers. NYC4PA invites photographers working in all mediums, styles and schools of thought to participate. Experimental and mixed techniques are welcome. Only 2-D work is eligible.
JUROR: Ellen Denuto
Ms. Denuto, Vice President N.J. Chapter of the American Society of Media Photographers is a regular juror, guest speaker and workshop leader for ASMP, Professional Photographers of America, Professional Woman Photographers, SOHO Photo, and various Colleges and Universities. She loves working with children and adults of all ages helping them find their voice through the gift of photography.
After studying Art and Education in college, Ms. Denuto worked with the Agfa, Minolta and Ilford Corporations as guest speaker and contributing photographer for their product publications and trade shows. (see more bio info)
EXHIBITION AND AWARDS
Grand Prize: One photographer will receive $750. The image will be part of the New York gallery show, the NYC4PA Online Gallery and the exhibition catalog. It will be featured on the home page of NYC4PA website.
- First Prizes: 3 photographers will each receive $300. Their images will be exhibited in the New York Gallery show, the NYC4PA Online Gallery and in the exhibition catalog.
- Second Prizes: 3 photographers will each receive $250. Their images will be exhibited in the New York Gallery show, the NYC4PA Online Gallery and in the exhibition catalog.
- Third Prizes: 3 photographers will each receive $200. Their images will be exhibited in the New York Gallery show, the NYC4PA Online Gallery and in the exhibition catalog.
- Jurors’ Selections: 15 additional images will be exhibited in the New York Gallery show, the NYC4PA Online Gallery and in the exhibition catalog.
- Honorable Mention: 20 additional images will be exhibited in the Online Gallery and listed in the exhibition catalog.
* All Prize Winners, Juror Selections and Honorable Mentions will receive an NYC4PA certificate.
The entry fee is $35 for the first three images. Additional images may be submitted for $10 each. There is no limit to the number of images submitted.
APPLY ONLINE HERE
Visit NYCP4CA website for complete Prospectus and directions to easy online application.
All entrants are notified of prize status via Email about 3 weeks after the deadline.
The mission of the New York Center for Photographic Art is to provide exhibition opportunities in the vibrant New York City gallery world to photographers around the globe. NYC4PA offers international, themed, open call competitions juried by recognized experts in the field of photography.