Competitions NYC4PA International: Glass 2017
International Deadline: June 11, 2017 – The New York Center for Photographic Art (NYC4PA) invites photographers world-wide to submit images using any photographic process (print, image transfer, emulsion transfer, encaustic, black and white, color etc.).
Winners will receive $3,000 in cash awards, be featured in a New York Gallery Exhibition, on the NYC4PA Online Gallery and in the MACRO 2015 catalog.
Is the GLASS half full or half empty?
People in GLASS houses shouldn’t throw stones.
We work on shattering the GLASS ceiling.
The ice is as smooth as GLASS.
What is so magical about this substance, made from sand, that it comes up in so many proverbs and sayings? It is magical – the invention of glass allowed us, for the first time, to be able to observe things while having a barrier to keep us warm, safe, and dry. We can store liquids safely and know how much is left in the bottle. GLASS is not only a practical solution to so many situations, but also the foundation for an entire area of art, think of Dale Chihuly. Whether you create wonderful images about drinking glasses, eye glasses, wavy window panes or glass beads, Murano glass or beach glass, it all works.
This Call for Entries is open worldwide to both amateur and professional photographers. NYC4PA invites photographers working in all mediums, styles and schools of thought to participate. Experimental and mixed techniques are welcome. Only 2-D work is eligible.
Traer Scott is an award winning fine art and commercial photographer and author of six books including Nocturne: Creatures of the Night (Princeton Architectural Press, 2014) and her newest release Finding Home; Shelter Dogs and Their Stories (Princeton Architectural Press, Fall 2015). Her work is exhibited around the world and has been featured in National Geographic, Life, Vogue, People, O, on the NY Times Lens Blog, Behold and dozens of other national and international print and online publications… see more bio info
EXHIBITION AND AWARDS
Grand Prize: One photographer will receive $750. The image will be part of the New York gallery show, the NYC4PA Online Gallery and the exhibition catalog. It will be featured on the home page of NYC4PA website.
- First Prizes: 3 photographers will each receive $300. Their images will be exhibited in the New York Gallery show, the NYC4PA Online Gallery and in the exhibition catalog.
- Second Prizes: 3 photographers will each receive $250. Their images will be exhibited in the New York Gallery show, the NYC4PA Online Gallery and in the exhibition catalog.
- Third Prizes: 3 photographers will each receive $200. Their images will be exhibited in the New York Gallery show, the NYC4PA Online Gallery and in the exhibition catalog.
- Jurors’ Selections: 15 additional images will be exhibited in the New York Gallery show, the NYC4PA Online Gallery and in the exhibition catalog.
- Honorable Mention: 20 additional images will be exhibited in the Online Gallery and listed in the exhibition catalog.
* All Prize Winners, Juror Selections and Honorable Mentions will receive an NYC4PA certificate.
The entry fee is $35 for the first three images. Additional images may be submitted for $10 each. There is no limit to the number of images submitted.
APPLY ONLINE HERE
Visit NYCP4CA website for complete Prospectus and directions to easy online application.
All entrants are notified of prize status via Email about 3 weeks after the deadline.
The mission of the New York Center for Photographic Art is to provide exhibition opportunities in the vibrant New York City gallery world to photographers around the globe. NYC4PA offers international, themed, open call competitions juried by recognized experts in the field of photography.