Call for Submissions Pyramid Atlantic Art Center’ 2017/18 Season
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: January 31, 2017 – Pyramid Atlantic Art Center is currently seeking proposals from artists and curators for solo, group, or curated exhibitions for our 2017/2018 season. PAAC will offer each selected artist, group of artists, or curator a six-week exhibition in our gallery.
We are looking for artwork in a variety of media from individuals & groups: 2D visual art, sculpture, performance art, & video or new media. We give special consideration to artists working in printmaking, papermaking, and book arts. We also accept work from international artists that are both living and working overseas. Please note that Pyramid Atlantic does not have the funding to pay for artwork shipping or artist travel.
All proposals that meet the gallery’s qualifications are reviewed and selected by our Gallery Exhibition Committee, which is chaired by the Gallery Manager.
Pyramid Atlantic will provide you with a six-week long gallery show, opening reception, press release to all contacts including printed postcards, info will be sent out in weekly newsletter, on our Facebook, Twitter & Instagram accounts.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE – Entry fee $35
Application can be found on online. You will be asked to provide:
- Artist/Artists names and other relevant information.
- Provide an artist bio, statement, cv/resume, and exhibition proposal.
- If applying as collective or group of artists, describe your process or the idea that unifies the group.
- Provide a description of the proposed exhibition in 500 words or less.
- Provide up to 10 images of work and information (media, title, dimensions and date completed). It can be work you want to include in the exhibition. If it has not be created yet, please provide examples of past or similar work.
- For video work: Please include the title, credits, length, date & format.
- For live art: Please include photographs or web site links that document previous work; title, credits, length, date & format for proposed work, & a description of content & concept of proposed work.
- For installations: Please include diagrams/renderings & sufficient additional descriptions to clearly convey your concept.
PAAC will take a 20% commission on work sold.
For more information or questions, contact Kristina King, Gallery Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Pyramid Atlantic Art Center (PAAC) was founded in 1981 by noted artist and teacher Helen C. Frederick to provide a setting for artistic collaboration and dialogue. A 501(c)(3) non-profit contemporary arts center, PAAC receives federal and state funds as well as generous support from private foundations, corporations, and local businesses. We are located in the heart of the arts & entertainment district in downtown Silver Spring, MD. The facility features a papermaking studio, print shop, letterpress studio, bindery, a darkroom, and a wood shop. We also have private studios for artists to rent and a gallery for exhibitions.
Pyramid Atlantic Art Center
8230 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20910