Competitions Renaissance Photography Prize 2017
International Deadline: July 3, 2017 – Renaissance Photography Prize is an international award that showcases outstanding photography from emerging and established photographers while raising funds to support young women with breast cancer.
This year the prize celebrates its 10th edition and invites entrants from anywhere in the world to enter by 26 June 2017. The exhibition of the selected finalists will take place in October in Central London.
The prize is looking to discover talent and celebrate the best in photography, giving image makers access to new opportunities and international audience for their work. Entering gives photographers the chance to have their work seen by a panel of some of the industry’s most influential photography critics, as well as being exhibited and published.
Photographers can enter single images and/or series of work. The competition is open to everyone and welcomes entries from all countries. All profit from entry fees is donated to The Lavender Trust at Breast Cancer Care, UK, a charity that supports younger women affected by the disease. Currently, one third of the Lavender Trust’s annual funding comes from the Renaissance Photography Prize.
The Renaissance Photography Prize exhibition presents the judges’ selection of some of the best international photography today. The winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony, late autumn 2017. The annual Portfolio Review will take place during the exhibition weeks, where anyone has the chance to get their work reviewed by gallery directors, curators, agents and editors.
Judging will take place in June / July 2017. The judges will select 60 images for the Exhibition (the Finalist Images).
- Melissa DeWitt – Editor-in-Chief, HOTSHOE
- Gem Fletcher – Senior Art Director, Getty Images
- Clare Grafik – Head of Exhibitions, The Photographers’ Gallery
- Marloes Krijnen – Founder and Director, FOAM, Amsterdam
- Dewi Lewis – Founder, Dewi Lewis Publishing
- Fiona Rogers – Global Business Development Manager, Magnum Photos International
- Simon Roberts – Photographer
- Fiona Shields – Picture Editor, The Guardian and Head of Photography, Guardian News & Media
Cash, merchandise and publication awards in each category:
- Best Single Image
- Best Series
- Single Image Category Winner x 3
All Exhibited Photographers
- Exhibition Catalogue
- Complimentary ticket to Awards Ceremony
Special feature open to all selected photographers 2017
- Your work in HOTSHOE magazine
- Promising Book Project – Dewi Lewis Publishing Advice Session
£18 (€22 / $25) for 1 photograph
£27 (€34 / $38) for up to 3
£45 (€57 / $63) for up to 6
£65 (€83 / $92) for up to 10
More than 10: Fees will be calculated using the above scale to give the best possible discount.
£55 (70€ / $77) per series (5-8 images + a project statement)
You can submit as many single and/or series as you like.
Visit us online to view winners from previous events.