Public Art RFP RFQ: Public Works Art Commission
U.S. National Deadline: November 17, 2016 – The City of Lancaster, PA, seeks to commission an artwork to be permanently installed in the lobby of the new Water Bureau Administration Building, 150 Pitney Road, Lancaster, PA, 17601.
THIS ARTWORK SHOULD:
• Be a showpiece within the glass walled lobby
• Reflect the nature of the work done by the Public Works Water Bureau
• Inspire visitors and employees to consider the significance of their work and the value of clean water to our community
Artists with experience working with re-purposed plumbing materials, aerial suspended sculpture and site-specific installations are encouraged to apply.
Artists concerned with one or more of the following themes are encouraged to apply: environmental issues, water conservation, interactive artwork, repurposed materials and artwork with an on-going data component.
While the main sculptural component of the work will be installed in the interior of the glass walled lobby, artist are encouraged to consider a way to connect this work to the exterior of the building or a web-presence, if there is a data component to the work.
The artwork must be durable, low maintenance, and appropriate to the location. The artist should take into consideration the light, both natural and electric, and temperature control when designing the artwork.
The budget for this project is $ 50,000. The budget includes all costs associated with the project including, but not limited to: artist’s design fee, travel, materials, fabrication costs, documentation, and transportation and installation of the work. There will be some installation assistance available from the General Contractor.
- Nov. 17, 2016 RFQ Application Deadline, 4 p.m. EST
- Nov. 16 – 18 Artist Selection Panel meets to review material and choose finalists
- Nov. 28 Finalists interviewed
- Dec 2016 Project Awarded
- Oct. 2017 Tentative date for completion of Artwork
- Nov. 2017 Anticipated completion of building construction and installation of art.