Competitions 20th Annual Rio Brazos Art Exhibit & Sale
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
U.S. National Deadline: March 1, 2017 – The Annual Juried Rio Brazos Art Exhibition opens at April 9th, 2017 at the Dora Lee Langdon Cultural & Educational Center Concert Hall in Granbury, Texas.
The exhibition is supported by the Granbury Arts Alliance, the City of Granbury, Tarleton State University, and numerous local and regional businesses. The coordinators of this event plan to create an atmosphere that will inspire, educate and entertain as well as attract discriminating buyers.
Open to all artists 18 years of age and older. All media will be considered. This could include, but not be limited to, water media, oil, acrylic, pastel, mixed-media, photography, printmaking, graphics, collage, 3-dimensional, fabric, etc.
The Dora Lee Langdon Cultural and Educational Center is nestled one block off Granbury’s historic square in the Brazos River Valley and serves as a focal point for the fine arts in the Lake Granbury area. The Langdon Center serves as the cultural and educational hub of the downtown area in cooperation with the City of Granbury and Tarleton State University.
Eligible artwork will be selected at the discretion of the juror. Works may be grouped according to the type of media received. Approximately $5,000 in cash and merchandise awards will be given.
- Entries must be original, unpublished and executed within the last two years.
- Entries must not have been previously exhibited in the RBAE.
- Works must be suitably framed with wire hangers (no saw-tooth hangers) and be thoroughly dry.
- Plexiglas only, with the exception of pastels (non-soluable surface need not be glazed).
- Framed works may not exceed 50″ in any direction, including frame, nor weigh more than 12 lbs
- 3-dimensional works may require artist or agent installation followed by height regulation and may not exceed 60″ in any direction.
- Any work differing from slide or digital image will be disqualified.
The RBAE reserves the right to refuse any work submitted. All accepted works must remain at the Langdon Center for the duration of the judging and exhibit.
ENTRY – $50 for one to three entries
Slides or digital images on CD properly labeled will be accepted. One image per work, three images of sculpture.
Download complete .pdf Prospectus and Application, or contact:
RBAE Director 817-279-1164
- March 1 Deadline to receive slides or digital images.
- March 10 Notifications of acceptance to be mailed.
- April 9 Accepted artwork to be hand-delivered must be received from noon-3 p.m. at the Historic A.P. Gordon House, 308 E. Pearl St., Granbury, TX 76048
- April 9 Juror Gallery Talk regarding RBAE artwork from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Opening of show and presentation of a wards at Langdon Center Concert Hall 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- April 30 Show closes. Hand-delivered works to be retrieved between 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. only.
The Granbury Arts Alliance (GAA), a non-profit fine arts organization, is the major sponsor of the Rio Brazos Art Exhibition. The goal of the GAA is to enrich and enhance the artistic environment of Granbury and make cultural activities accessible to all citizens. The GAA exists to unite all of the artistic groups of Granbury under one umbrella to share resources and experience, increase awareness of the arts and support one another.
Dora Lee Langdon Cultural & Educational Center
308 East Pearl Street
Granbury, TX 76048
The main campus of Tarleton State University is located 31 miles southwest of Granbury in Stephenville. Founded in 1899 as a private, liberal arts college, Tarleton is now one of the state’s fastest growing institutions with an enrollment exceeding 15,000 and serves as the educational and cultural flagship of the Cross Timbers Region. Tarleton is currently celebrating its 100 year centennial anniversary of being a part of The Texas A&M University System.