Competitions RWS Contemporary Watercolour Competition 2017
International Deadline: January 16, 2017 – The Royal Watercolour Society’s Contemporary Watercolour Competition is now open for submission.
Any work in watercolour, acrylic, gouache, ink or any other water-based media. All work should be on a paper/board support (not canvas, wood, plastic or any other surface). There are no limitations on style or subject matter. Framed works must not exceed 100 x 100cm. The painting must have been completed in the past four years. The work must have been made by the entrant. All work must be for sale.
- Sacha Craddock | Independent Art Critic, Writer & Curator
- Piers Feetham | Gallerist, Piers Feetham Gallery, London
- Thomas Plunkett | RWS President
- Jill Leman | RWS Vice President
- Peter Quinn | RWS Member
- Jane Lewis | RWS Associate Member
- David Gluck Memorial Award: £750 Cash Prize
- David Gluck & RWS Award: £250 Cash Prize
- Royal Watercolour Society Award: £500 Cash Prize
- Royal Watercolour Society Exhibitions Award: Exhibit in RWS Spring and Autumn Exhibitions
- RWS Publicity Prize: Your selected work on exhibition printed publicity material
The Royal Watercolour Society is delighted to have the support of renowned art industry specialists who are offering a range of prizes including art materials, studio time, publishing, exhibiting and cash prizes.
A maximum of 6 paintings may be submitted for a fee of £14 per work with reductions on multiple submissions. Students are able to submit 3 works for a fee of £5.
Download complete Prospectus
The Royal Watercolour Society (RWS) was founded in 1804 and is the oldest and most prestigious watercolour society in the world. Past Members include Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema, E.R. Hughes, William Hunt, Henry Moore and John Singer Sargent.
From our home at Bankside Gallery, situated on the vibrant south bank next door to Tate Modern, we hold regular exhibitions showcasing the best in water-based media. The Society also hosts talks, watercolour courses, family art events, open competition and art demonstrations.
Royal Watercolour Society
48 Hopton Street
t: 020 7928 7521