Print & Art Scene & Heard Journal’ Open Call for Literary & Visual Art
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: Ongoing – The Scene & Heard Journal (TSHJ) contains collections of literature and art from across the continents, speaking of, and, to audiences from all journeys of life. Those with an innate lust and appreciation for the beauty and resonance of artistry.
For as long as mankind has been evolving, the expressions of feelings have been communicated from the heart and mind, by way of layers upon layers of creative mediums. Words have been woven into poetry, stories of fact or fiction, drawings, paintings, adornment, cuisine, photography, music, dance, architecture, decoration ad infinitum.
SEND US YOUR WORK
The Scene & Heard Journal accepts submissions on a roll-in basis year round. We accept multiple submissions. Simultaneous submissions to other journals are fine as long as they are identified as such and we are notified immediately upon acceptance elsewhere.
We publish 7-times a year with the first issue coming into circulation by May 2017.
Artists of all ages from 16 + are encouraged to submit their visual and literary artistry.
The art of humanity in all its various forms, is the most authentic form of an individual’s internal dialogue, a way in which we share ourselves with the external world.
Poetry, prose & lyrics
Memoir with meaning
Reflections & observations
Lol (laugh out loud)
Visual arts & design
Photography & photo essays
EDITORS FEE (as of last report 2/23/17)
Editor fees of $25.00 per submission. All contributors, artists and members of the Scene & Heard team are compensated.
COMPENSATION TO ARTISTS (as of last report 2/23/17)
We are strongly committed to supporting our artists’ work, use the list below as a guideline for the amount of compensation artists can expect. Artists will be paid during the print production phase of the journal.
- Poetry, Prose, Lyrics: $150+ per published submission (1 submission is 3 poems)
- Fiction: $175-$375+ per published submission
- Creative Non-Fiction: $175-$375+ per published submission
- Memoir with Meaning: $150 per published submission
- Reflections & Observations: $150 per published submission
- Gastronomie: $150 per published submission
- LOL (Laugh Out Loud): $150 per published submission
- Photography & Photo Essays-$150+ per published submission
- Visual Arts: $150 per published submission
- Digital Art & Graphic Design: $75+ per published submission
Contributor copies are sent to writers and artists whose work appears in that issue.
For any questions or concerns please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
4281 Express Lane, Suite l4107
Sarasota, FL 34249
t: +1 650 304 9149