Competitions 2017 Small Works Exhibition
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
U.S. National Deadline: December 28, 2016 – The National Association of Women Artists, NAWA Gallery, announces it’s 2017 juried Small Works Exhibition. This is a National juried winter exhibition, open to all professional women artists age 18 years and older.
Exhibition will be held February 1 – 24, 2017, at the NAWA Gallery, 315 West 39th Street, Suite 508, New York.
Elizabeth Horman Memorial Award $100
S. Magnet Knapp Memorial Award $100
Honorable Mention Award $50
- Maximum size for 2-D wall works and wall hanging sculpture including frame: 15” x 15” x 5”
- (No exceptions.) Weight limit 10 pounds.
- No ceiling hung artworks will be accepted. Free standing sculpture will be accepted. Max. weight 35 lbs. 15” x 15” max size. ALL WORKS MUST BE FOR SALE.
- No saw tooth hangers. All works must be wired to gallery standards and must meet professional presentation standards as interpreted by the NAWA Exhibition Committee.
- Plexiglass required for all works on paper. Exception: pastels can be framed in glass.
- Accepted works cannot be substituted and must be available for the duration of the exhibition.
- All works MUST be original – no reproductions or GICLEE PRINTS.
- Nudes are acceptable. Graphic violence and/or lewd sexual content prohibited.
- Work will not be hung if damaged in transit. We will notify you if the work is damaged in transit.
- Unframed canvas art work must have the sides painted and not left white.
- NAWA reserves the right to refuse work not professionally presented.
NAWA Artists: 2 Jpegs: $45 entry fee.
Non-members: 2 Jpegs: $50 entry fee. You may add up to 5 additional artworks (over the 2 entry artworks) for an additional fee of $5 per artwork. Entry fees are non-refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline.
Visit us for complete details and to enter your work.
NAWA receives 30% commission on all sales. Artist will receive 70%. Price of entered work cannot be changed.
Artists agree to assume all shipping expenses related to exhibition.
The National Association of Women Artists (N.A.W.A.), the oldest women’s fine art organization in the country, is a vibrant community of professional women artists that strives to support its members and women artists at large through exhibitions, programs and education. N.A.W.A. members represent all areas of the visual arts including painting, sculpture, photography, print-making, encaustic, video art, installations and mixed media. Founded in 1889, N.A.W.A. is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization.
315 West 39th Street, Suite 508
New York, NY 10018