Grants S&R Washington Award
International Deadline: October 15, 2016 – S&R Foundation Washington Award application is now open!
Are you an emerging artist looking to further your creative development? The Washington Award recognizes talented artists working in a broad range of disciplines including painting, photography, sculpture, music, dance, dramatic arts, film, digital, and interdisciplinary arts.
– Winners receive a cash prize of $5,000 to support their career development.
– An additional $5,000 may be awarded to a Grand Prize-winning artist of outstanding ability.
– Award winners become part of the S&R Foundation network of artists, scientists, and social entrepreneurs.
– Award winners are eligible for performances or exhibitions supported by S&R Foundation.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicant may not be enrolled either part-time, full-time, or finishing work in a degree-granting program.
- Applicant must not have received an advanced level of recognition in his or her artistic discipline.
- Applicant must have documented proof of having performed or exhibited during the past year.
- Applicant must submit two (2) letters of recommendation from recognized authorities or professionals in the applicant’s discipline. The recommendations must be uploaded with the application package.
Applications must be received by October 15, 2016. All applications must include the following:
- A completed application form.
- The applicant’s biography and photograph.
- A sample photograph, recording, upload or video tape of the applicant’s work. (See application requirements)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from recognized authorities or professionals in the applicant’s discipline.
- The required essay.
S&R Washington Award Committee will not return entry materials nor assume responsibility for material submitted.
The application period is open from now until October 15, 2016.
No application fee.
Winners will be announced at the end of January 2017, and presented at the spectacular Washington Awards Gala in Spring 2017, an annual event hosted by S&R Foundation in Washington, DC.
Established in 2000 by Dr. Sachiko Kuno and Dr. Ryuji Ueno, S&R Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Washington, DC.
S&R sponsors annual award programs, hosts concerts and events, and works with its partners to encourage social, scientific and artistic innovation, and to promote cultural and personal development. By supporting individuals and enabling their growth and success within various communities, S&R Foundation nurtures their ability, in turn, to enrich society with the fruits of their hard work and dedication.
3400 Prospect Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007