Call for Submissions The Untitled Space Gallery: She Inspires
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
U.S. National Deadline: March 20, 2017 – This spring, The Untitled Space’ will be presenting exhibit, “She Inspires” a group show curated by Indira Cesarine. On display May 2017.
In the divisive and challenging era we are currently experiencing filled with political turmoil, protest and uncertainty, it is important to reflect on those that inspire us. The exhibition, “She Inspires” will present artworks of many mediums, exploring contemporary female role models that have made a positive impact on the world. Each work will be an ode to women that we can look to for hope, that has shaped our past and will help form our future. This exhibit aims to not only explore themes of inspiration, and of present day female role models, but to inspire and empower others with visual art on the subject.
20+ artists will be selected for the exhibit, which is open to submissions. Artwork submitted to the exhibition should be inspired by a woman with an artist statement on how and why that work is inspired specifically by that individual.
Artists may submit up to 5 works of art for consideration. Acceptable mediums include photography, painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, mixed media, textile art, among others. Works can be figurative, abstract, or metaphorical takes on the subjects, feel free to be creative. Subjects of works can be historical or contemporary women who have in some way, shape or form, through their actions, words or legacy have inspired the artist. All artwork must be framed and ready to hang. The exhibit is open to male and female professional artists. New works created in 2017 will be prioritized.
All accepted entries will be featured in the exhibition at The Untitled Space gallery, on The Untitled Space website, including an artist bio and description of the work as well as on Artsy.net among other media outlets.
SUBMIT YOUR WORK – No Entry Fee
Download Submission Form (.doc)
Notification of accepted work: April 3, 2017
Submit entries to: email@example.com
Please note: “She Inspires” Exhibit in the subject line (also report in body of email that you saw this announcement on “ArtDeadline.com”)
- Artwork must be inspired by a living female individual who has made a positive social impact.
- Artists may submit up to 5 digital images of artwork (jpeg format) for consideration.
- Maximum size of artwork is 40 inches (We will consider larger works on a case by case basis – although 40″ max is preferred and more likely to be accepted)
- Each submission of work or series of works must include a description of the art, and statement on the subject of inspiration for the art.
- Artwork image sizes minimum 1000 pixels – maximum 2000 pixels JPEGS (only)
- Each jpeg must be titled with “ARTIST NAME – Title of Artwork – Year Created”
- Please note below the title, medium and dimensions of each work submitted, suggested price, year created, and edition size and number if relevant.
- All submissions must include your artist biography, artist statement and/or why you want to be included in the exhibit.
- Submissions of self portraits and/or family portraits will not be accepted, unless subject matter is relevant as a public figure.
Accepted entries must deliver the artwork to The Untitled Space gallery once confirmed, and are responsible for collecting any works that are unsold. All artwork must be ready to hang, and must be labeled on the back. By submitting work to the exhibition you confirm all works are original, made by you, and that The Untitled Space may use images of the artwork to promote the exhibit on their website and for press. Artists may submit up to 5 works of art.
10% of exhibition proceeds will benefit non-profit She Should Run, a non-partisan 501(c)3 organization expanding the talent pool of future elected female leaders. She Should Run started as a project in 2008 and has evolved to become a movement working to create a culture that inspires women and girls to aspire towards public leadership. She Should Run believes that women of all backgrounds should have an equal shot at elected leadership and that The United States will benefit from having a government with varied perspectives and experiences.
Questions? Feel free to email us via firstname.lastname@example.org
The Untitled Space is an art gallery located in Tribeca, New York in a landmark building on Lispenard Street. Founded in 2014 by Indira Cesarine, the gallery features an ongoing curation of exhibits of emerging and established contemporary artists exploring conceptual framework and boundary pushing ideology through mediums of painting, sculpture, printmaking, photography, video and performance art. The gallery is committing to exploring new ideas vis-à-vis traditional and new mediums and highlights a program of “Women in Art” as well as special events aligned with our creative vision.
The Untitled Space Gallery
45 Lispenard Street Unit 1W