Competitions 15th International ARC Salon – $130,000 in Cash Awards
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: August 14, 2020 – The International ARC Salon is the largest in the world in terms of entries, and the most diverse in terms of categories and international participation. This makes the International ARC Salon Competition the most influential and far reaching competition for Contemporary Realism in the world, offering over $130,000 in cash awards and international recognition through partnerships with prestigious magazines, galleries and museums, with live exhibitions and a strong online presence. The top award this year is $25,000 for Best in Show and over 140 awards and honorable mentions are being offered.
Categories include: Figurative, Portraiture, Imaginative Realism, Landscape, Still Life, Drawing, Sculpture, Fully From Life, Plein Air Painting, Animals, and a special category for teens.
ELIGIBILITY & MEDIA
The competition is open to all those who wish to apply worldwide. All entries must be original artwork, conceived and created by the entrant within the past 3 years. Works need to be original works of art and not copies of works by other artists.
Acceptable mediums include: oil, pastel, watercolor, graphite, acrylic paints, charcoal, clay, bronze, plaster, resin, scratch-board, gold-point, silver-point, ink, colored pencils, gouache, tempera and all traditional mediums. Fine quality realistic renderings in mosaic are also acceptable.
Over $130,000 in cash awards:
- Top Prize $25,000 cash award
- International traveling exhibition opportunity with the ARC Salon Live Exhibition
- Over 140 awards and honorable mentions
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd place plus 8 honorable mentions in each of 11 categories
- Publication awards through partnering magazines
- Purchase and exhibition awards through ARC and partnering museums
- Exhibition and sale opportunities through partnering galleries
- Additional awards for Best Nude, Best Trompe L’oeil, Most Ambitious Work, Best Social Commentary, Best Watercolor, Best Pastel, Chairman’s Choice Awards, ARC Staff Awards and more.
- All semi-finalists will be published on the ARC website
- All finalists will be published in the 15th ARC Salon hard-bound book “International Realism”
- Approximately 40 jurors participate including partnering awards
- see more
First entry: $75.00 (includes free copy of the 15th ARC Salon book if shipping is paid at checkout. This book is a 300 plus page hard bound book that will retail at $65 – $75). Additional entries: $61.00.
Visit us for complete details and to Apply.
The ARC is devoted to promoting education in realistic art both in training techniques and in the proliferation of historical art works.
Art Renewal Center
100 Markley Street
Port Reading, NJ 07064