Competitions 13th Arte Laguna Prize
International Deadline: November 27, 2018 – The call for artists of the 13th Arte Laguna Prize has officially opened.
Arte Laguna Prize is an international art contest that has been promoting contemporary art for thirteen years, collecting thousands of applications from artists from all over the world, selected by a jury of excellence for the great exhibition in March in the evocative spaces of the Arsenale of Venice.
In addition, the participants have the chance to win several awards in collaboration with companies, foundations, galleries, including cash prizes.
Open to all artists, no age or nationality restrictions. The theme is free.
10 Contest categories: painting, sculpture and installation, photographic art, video art and short films, performance, virtual art, digital graphics, land art and this year’s new entry, urban art, design.
The international jury will select 120 artists for:
- the final exhibition in Venice at the Arsenale in March 2019
- 6 cash prizes of € 7,000 each
- publication in the official catalogue
The Prize international Partners will select the winners among all the participants for:
- 4 personal exhibitions in international Art Galleries
- 9 Art Residencies
- 4 collaborations with companies
- 2 collaborations with art platforms and foundations
- participation in 4 International Festivals end exhibitions
WHAT THE ARTISTS WIN
- € 7.000,00 Painting
- € 7.000,00 Sculpture and Installation | Virtual Art
- € 7.000,00 Photographic Art | Digital Graphics
- € 7.000,00 Video Art and Short Films | Performance
- € 7.000,00 Land Art | Urban Art € 7.000,00 Design
4 Artist in Gallery Prizes
- Realization of 4 personal exhibitions in international Art Galleries including: set-up, grant of € 500 and a dedicated digital catalogue.
- Galerie Isabelle Lesmeister, Regensburg Germany
- Várfok Galéria, Budapest, Hungary
- Anise Gallery, London, United Kingdom Jonathan Ferrara Gallery, New Orleans, United States
9 Artist in Residence Prizes
Art Residency programs in Italy and abroad in order to provide a space and time to experience a new culture, create new works and participate in new activities in a multicultural environment.
- Open Dream, Treviso Italy
- Lanificio Paoletti, Follina (Treviso), Italy
- GLO’ART, Lanaken Belgium
- Espronceda, Barcelona Spain
- Basu Foundation for the Arts, Kolkata India
- Farm Cultural Park, Favara (Agrigento), Italy
- Maradiva Cultural Residency, Flic-en-Flac, Mauritius
- Centrale Fies, Dro (Trento), Italy
- Nuart Festival, Stavanger, Norway
4 Business for Art Prizes
Collaborations with companies meant to connect creativity with the production sector.
- Fraccaro Spumadoro, Treviso, Italy : Prize of 2000€ for the winning project. Participation requires the presentation of works or graphic proposals to be applied to the packaging of the products by Fraccaro Spumadoro.
- Tessitura Luigi Bevilacqua, Venice, Italy: a supply of the precious Velvet Soprarizzo Leoni made with a loom from 1700 and worth €2,000 for the realization of a project involving the use of fabric.
- 47 Anno Domini, Treviso, Italy: Prize of 2000€ for the winning project. Participation requires the presentation of site-specific installations or projects designed for the spaces of 47 Anno Domini.
- Maglificio Giordano’s, Cappella Maggiore (Treviso), Italy: Prize of 2000€ for the winning proposal. Participation requires the submission of works or art projects where the connection with the fashion world is predominant.
2 Art Platforms & Supporters Prizes
Collaborations with foundations and institutions whose main mission is to promote art and support artists and their careers.
- The Art Spirit Foundation, Connecticut, United States: Prize of 3000€ for the winning artwork made with the use of pastels. Biafarin,
- Toronto, Canada: Prize of 1500 US$ to 3 selected artists (Each 500 US$); promotional awards for 30 selected artists
4 Festivals & Exhibitions
International collaborations with festivals and organizations to create a network where artists, visibility, and new projects meet.
- Art Stays, Ptuj, Slovenia: participation in the Festival and 7-day stay
- Art Nova 100, Beijing, China: exhibition of the 10 finalist videos in Summer 2019
- TraVellArt by Arte Communications, Venice, Italy: exhibition of the works by 1 selected artist at Hotel Savoia & Jolanda in Venice
- Photolux Festival, Lucca, Italy: Participation in the festival dedicated to photography (November 23rd – 24th 2019)
The selection of the artworks will be made by an international jury composed of high level experts.
- Curator and Head of Jury: Igor Zanti (Italy, Curator and Art Critic)
- Maxa Zoller (Germania, Direttore artistico dell’International Film Festival Dortmund | Cologne)
- Eva González-Sancho (Spagna, Co-curatrice della prima Biennale di Oslo)
- Vasili Tsereteli (Russia, Direttore presso il Moscow Museum of Modern Art)
- Flavio Arensi (Italia, Direttore dei musei di Legnano, Milano)
- Alessandra Tiddia (Italia, Chief curator presso il Mart di Trento e Rovereto)
- Richard Noyce (Regno Unito, Scrittore, Docente e Critico d’Arte)
- Simone Pallotta (Italia, Curatore di arte pubblica e urbana)
- Enrico Stefanelli (Italia, Direttore artistico di Photolux Festival, Lucca)
- Filippo Andreatta (Italia, Regista teatrale e Co-curatore di Centrale Fies)
- Alfonso Femia (Italia, Architetto)
- Danilo Premoli (Italia, Architetto e Designer)
- Mattias Givell (Svezia, Co-Direttore di Wanås Konst, Vännäs)
FINAL EXHIBITION: ARSENALE OF VENICE
The collective exhibition will take place in the historical location of the Arsenale in Venice in March 2019.
The exhibition’s opening ceremony will be on March 16th, 2019.
Visit us for more details and to apply.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
Visit us for more details and to apply.
The brainchild of Cultural Association MoCA, Arte Laguna Prize is an international art competition dedicated to the visual arts, in particular painting, sculpture, photography, video art and performance, virtual and digital art. Its aim is to promote and support the artists and their career by offering a range of opportunities.
Since 2006 Arte Laguna Prize has grown and created year after year a network of collaborations with Foundations, Museums, Galleries, Companies and Art Residencies programs. It established partnerships with art galleries, connections with the business world and art residencies.
During its previous editions Arte Laguna Prize has worked with artists from over 112 countries and with professionals from different backgrounds in the international art scene that make up the judging panel.
Since 2010, the exhibition of the finalist works has been held at the Arsenale of Venice, one of the most popular venues for contemporary art in the world.
Via Roma, 29/A
t: +39 041 5937242 – int. 4