Competitions 14th Arte Laguna Prize
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: November 27, 2019 – Entries are now open for the 14th edition of Arte Laguna Prize, the world’s most influential competition for emerging artists and designers, which showcases and promotes creative talents.
With fourteen years of history, Arte Laguna Prize gives the opportunity to join a huge network of collaborations worldwide, exhibit in the breathtaking location of the Arsenale of Venice, win cash prizes of a total amount of 40.000 euro and much more.
Open to all artists, no age or nationality restrictions.
The Prize is open to the following artistic disciplines: painting, sculpture and installation, photographic art, video art and short films, performance, virtual art, digital graphics, land art and urban art, art design.
The selection of the submitted artworks will be made by an international jury composed of high level experts:
- Igor Zanti (Italy, Curator and Art Critic)
- Iwona Blazwick (United Kingdom, Director of the Whitechapel Gallery, London)
- Karel Boonzaaijer (Netherlands, Architect and Designer)
- Valentino Catricalà (Italy, art curator – Art Section Director of the Maker Faire – European Edition)
- Aldo Cibic (Italy, Architect and Designer)
- Erin Dziedzic (Chief Curator at the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art in Kansas City, Missouri)
- Riccardo Passoni (Italy, Director of GAM – Civic Gallery of Modern and Contemporary Art, Turin)
- Vasili Tsereteli (Russia, Director of the Moscow Museum of Modern Art)
- Zhao Li (China, professor at the Central Academy of Fine Arts in Beijing and curator of the Chinese Pavilion at the 53rd Venice Biennale)
- see more
BENEFITS & AWARDS
- 4 cash prizes of € 10,000 each
- important exhibition at the Arsenale of Venice
- 2 solo exhibitions in international Art Galleries
- 2 collaborations with Companies
- 6 Art Residencies in Italy, Russia, Spain, India, Mauritius
- 1 Prize Sustainability and Art dedicated to the Reuse of aluminium packaging
- 2 international Festivals
- publication in the official catalogue
- free visibility on Arte Laguna World
WHAT THE ARTISTS WIN
4 cash pizes of 10.000 € each
2 Artist in Gallery Prizes
Solo exhibitions in international art galleries including: set-up, reimbursement of expenses of € 500* and a dedicated digital catalogue.
- Galerie Isabelle Lesmeister, Regensburg Germany
- Jonathan Ferrara Gallery, New Orleans, United States
6 Artist in Residence Prizes
Art Residency programs in Italy and abroad in order to provide a space and time to experience a new culture, create new works and participate in new activities in a multicultural environment.
- Fabrica, Treviso, Italy
- Gridchinhall, Moscow, Russia
- Espronceda, Barcelona Spain
- Basu Foundation for the Arts, Kolkata India
- Farm Cultural Park, Favara (Agrigento), Italy
- Maradiva Cultural Residency, Flic-en-Flac, Mauritius
2 Business for Art Prizes
Collaborations with companies meant to connect creativity with the production sector.
- Outofblue, La Palma, Canary Islands
- Majer, Venice, Italy
2 Festivals & Exhibitions
International collaborations with festivals and organizations to create a network where artists, visibility, and new projects meet.
- Art Nova 100, Beijing, China
- Art Stays, Ptuj, Slovenia
1 Sustainability and Art Prize
Prize dedicated to sustainability with a focus on the reuse of aluminum packaging
ARS (Art Reuse Sustainability) of aluminium
100 € + 22% VAT (122 €) for artists over 25; 80 € + 22% VAT (97,60 €) for artists under 25.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
Visit us for more details and to apply.
The brainchild of Cultural Association MoCA, Arte Laguna Prize is an international art competition dedicated to the visual arts, in particular painting, sculpture, photography, video art and performance, virtual and digital art. Its aim is to promote and support the artists and their career by offering a range of opportunities.
Since 2006 Arte Laguna Prize has grown and created year after year a network of collaborations with Foundations, Museums, Galleries, Companies and Art Residencies programs. It established partnerships with art galleries, connections with the business world and art residencies.
During its previous editions Arte Laguna Prize has worked with artists from over 112 countries and with professionals from different backgrounds in the international art scene that make up the judging panel.
Since 2010, the exhibition of the finalist works has been held at the Arsenale of Venice, one of the most popular venues for contemporary art in the world.
Via Roma, 29/A
t: +39 041 5937242 – int. 4