Grants Arts Writers Grant Program
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
U.S. National Deadline: May 20, 2019 – The Arts Writers grant supports both emerging and established writers who are writing about contemporary visual art. Ranging from 15,000 USD to 50,000 USD in four categories—articles, blogs, books and short-form writing—these grants support projects addressing both general and specialized art audiences, from scholarly studies to self-published blogs. We also support art writing that engages criticism through interdisciplinary methods or experiments with literary styles.
Writers who meet the program’s eligibility requirements are invited to apply in the following categories:
To be eligible for this grant, an arts writer must be an individual:
- an individual;
- applying for a project about contemporary visual art;
- an art historian, artist, critic, curator, journalist, or a writer in an outside field who is strongly engaged with the contemporary visual arts;
- a U.S. citizen, permanent resident of the United States, or holder of an O-1 visa (if your application advances to the final round, you will need to submit current documentation);
- at least twenty-five years old;
- a published author (specific publication requirements vary depending on grant category; see the project-specific eligibility requirements).
Visit us for complete details and an online application.
Sponsored by The Creative Capital | Andy Warhol Foundation Arts Writers Grant Program.