Competitions 2018 Biennial North American Open Juried Exhibition
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
U.S. National Deadline: July 15, 2018 – New England Watercolor Society announces a call for artists for its 2018 Biennial North American Open Juried Exhibition. Open to any artist residing in North America age 18 or older.
- All work must be painted with aqua media including watercolor, acrylic, casein, egg tempera, gouache and inks on unvarnished paper or synthetic paper such as Yupo.
- No photo copies, color laser prints, monotypes, multiple prints, pastels or computer generated work.
- Work may not have been created in a class or workshop under a teacher’s supervision.
- Work may not be withdrawn early.
- No changes in pricing or catalog information made after acceptance.
- Work must be for sale.
- The Screening Committee has the right to refuse any painting that does not meet the stated specifications or is not accurately represented by image submitted.
- Paintings may not have been previously exhibited in a NEWS show or at the Art Complex Museum.
September 16, 2018 – January 13, 2019 hosted by Art Complex Museum
189 Alden Street, Duxbury, MA 02332.
Iain Stewart is a watercolor artist / illustrator and a signature member of the American Watercolor Society and National Watercolor Society. His work has received numerous awards in international competition and he is a sought after juror and workshop instructor. He is also an architectural illustrator with an international clientele. Iain maintains a studio in Opelika, Alabama. He teaches and exhibits in the US, France, Scotland, Canada, Thailand and Belgium.
$7,500 in Awards.
Non-Members – $30 one entry, $35 two entries, $40 three entries.
A 40% commission will be retained by NEWS on all sales. Paintings will be sold at the price originally stated by the artists on entry. No changes will be accepted. No P.O.R.’s, no N.F.S.’s.
- July 15 Final date for entries
- August 1 Notification of acceptance
- September 8 Hand delivery of accepted paintings 1 – 4pm
- September 13-15 Workshop with Iain Stewart, AWS
- September 16 Shows opens
- September 16 Juror demonstration 12-1:30 pm
- September 16 Opening Reception & Awards 1:30-3:30pm
- January 13 Show closes. Pick up paintings 4 – 6pm
- January 14 Pick up paintings 1-4 pm
- Shipped works will be repacked and returned after January 14, 2019