Public Art RFP Coral Gables Public Safety Building’ Art Installations
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
U.S. National Deadline: July 18, 2018 – The City of Coral Gables, FL requests qualifications from professional working artists for consideration to create an iconic artwork for the City’s new Public Safety Building. Artwork is sought that serves as a memorial to and honors our public safety professionals.
The new, state of the art, Public Safety Building will replace a deteriorating existing Public Safety Administration Building. The new building will function as the City’s Police Headquarters and Administration Department, Fire Department Administration Department, 911 Call Center and First Responders Dispatch Center, EOC Command and Operations, Fire Station 1, City’s Human Resource Department and the City’s IT department.
Locations that may be considered for public art integration include:
• Exterior Façade
Public art opportunities:
• Plaza enhancement using paving or terrazzo and/or leading into the interior
• Façade treatments
• Free standing sculpture
• Interior lobby installations
• Functional seating
• Shade treatments
Professional artists residing in the United States that demonstrates artistic excellence, innovation and originality as represented in past work and supporting materials.
- RFQ Submission Deadline July 18, 2018
- Qualifications Reviewed / Short Listed Artists July 25, 2018
- Short Listed Artists Confirmed & Contracted August 1, 2018
- Site Visit Week of August 20th
- Concept Proposals Deadline September 17, 2018
- Public Comment Period September 18 – 24, 2018
- Short Listed Artist Presentations to Arts Advisory Panel September 26, 2018
- Finalist Recommendation by Cultural Development Board October 2, 2018
- Finalist Recommendation to City Commission October, 2018
- Selected Artist Confirmed & Contracted October/November, 2018
- Selected Artist 75%-100% Design Complete April, 2019
The City of Coral Gables, The City Beautiful, is a progressive, international, coastal and historic City. Coral Gables has a population of 51,000 residents, has a vibrant downtown and is home to the University of Miami. It is proud to be ranked by Forbes.com ninth out of America’s Top 25 Towns to Live Well, and America’s sixth most successful walkable suburb by the Wall Street Journal.