Residencies Arteles Creative Center’ New Course Residency
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: November 8, 2018 – Arteles Creative Center’s New Course is a guided residency program for the personal growth of artists and creative professionals. Through new collaborative methods and with professional guidance, including one-to-one support from the instructor, the program is designed to expand and enhance artists’ creative practice, routines and way of being.
Program duration: 1 month programs in April and May 2019.
Located in the rural area of Hämeenkyrö county, far from the city lights, Arteles Creative Center gives you an opportunity to focus on your existence surrounded with pure and peaceful Nordic nature. There are countless forests, fields and small countryside roads to be explored freely in the region.
The program is designed for artists and creative professionals who want to
- take their artmaking and creativity in another direction
- re-create their working processes so that they are sustainable
- re-gain meaning and joy to their creative practice
- re-invent their way of being in the world
Periods: 1 month
Months: April and May 2019.
Performing arts | Visual Arts | Music/Sound | Literature | Teaching | Research | Psychology | Art Therapy
For creative practice:
- Studio spaces and facilities 24 h access
- Photo studio with tripods, lights, reflectors etc,
- Creative equipment & tools, incl. projectors, sound gear, printer, scanner etc.
- Scheduled daily meditation sessions in meditation space (voluntary)
- Assistant to help you with projects and practicalities
- Online artist promotion
- Artist pages in Arteles Catalogue / new artist promotion database (published in 2018)
For everyday life:
- Private bedrooms, incl. towels and bed linen – Note: There are large working desks also in all bedrooms.
- Fully equipped kitchen facilities
- Traditional Finnish wood-burning sauna
- Residency car (with automatic gears) for getting around the region
- Internet access (limited in this program, see details above)
- Laundry facilities
- Pure Northern nature and silence
The program will include 3 hours of structured time most days: 1,5 hours in the morning and 1,5 hours in the evening. The rest of the time is dedicated to free studio / working time, and for exploring the creative center and its beautiful natural surroundings.
Yoga / Breathwork
Freedom to create & explore
At the end of the program there will be a one day event, where participants can share their experiences, works and outcomes with others. (Participation to the event is voluntary.)
APPLY ONLINE – No Application Fee
Visit us for complete information and to Apply.
t: +358 50 300 6304