Fellowships Cripta747 Residency Fellowships
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: April 29, 2018 – Open call for two fellowships funded by Compagnia di San Paolo and Regione Piemonte at Cripta747, Turin, Italy.
Cripta747 Residency Programme aims to support the creative development of artists, curators and researchers from any field of contemporary culture, without any geographical or age limit. The Residency takes place at Cripta747’s headquarters, an industrial building located in the North of Turin. Following the city’s vocation for an artistic and cultural model focused on investigation and production processes, Cripta747 provides fellows with the opportunity to live and work in Turin for eight weeks between September and November 2018 while developing individual projects and immersing themselves in the city’s creative environment.
This process-based residency aims at implementing and rethinking new strategies in research and artistic practices, refocusing the attention onto the production processes. Through the fellowship, it favours mobility, fosters exchange between local and foreign researchers, and supports both material and conceptual production.
An international scientific board that consists of three members, that change every year, characterizes and orients every edition of the residency through the final selection of the residents appointed among the proposals shortlisted by Cripta747. For this edition the board is composed by: Alessio Antoniolli (Director of Gasworks, London), Giovanni Carmine, (Director of Kunst Halle Sankt Gallen) and Eva Fabbris (member of the Curatorial and Research Department of Fondazione Prada, Milan).
Fellows are invited to present the results of their researches developed in residence through a public event and an open studio.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA & SCHEDULE
- The residency is open to artists, curators, researchers in any field of contemporary culture, without geographical or age limits
- Candidates are invited to submit a proposal that outlines the specific research interests that they intend to carry out during their stay in the residence
- All required documents (application form, CV and Portfolio) must be written in English
- Applicants must send their application by April 29, 2018, midnight CET
- Applicants will be notified of their acceptance by email within June 11th, 2018
- Summer field trip in June–July 2018
- Fellows will stay in residence at Cripta747 between 1st September and November 5, 2018. They must attend a minimum of 8 weeks to receive the award. Fellows are not able to defer or reschedule if unable to attend the residency
- Open Studio: first week of November during the Contemporary Art Week and Artissima Fair
- The grant covers travels, accommodation, a daily allowance, studio rent at Cripta747’s headquarters, and production expenses
- Groups can apply with a single proposal, but the grant will not be calculated according to the number of the members
Each fellowships whole amount is up to 6,000 EUR and covers daily allowance, accommodation, studio rent at Cripta747 and production costs. The grant is divided as follow:
- up to 2,500 EUR daily allowance for living expenses, travels, designed activities and research
- up to 1,500 EUR to cover the production
- 1,500 EUR to cover housing and studio rent
- up to 500 EUR to cover the summer field trip expenses
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS – No application fee
Candidates are invited to fill the online form and send cv and/or portfolio by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please combine files into single pdf. Max. 20Mb. and let u sknow that you saw this announcement on “ArtDeadline.Com”). Applicants must send their application by April 29, 2018, midnight CET. Applications uncompleted or received after that time won’t be taken into consideration.
For more information please visit cripta747.it or contact us at email@example.com
Established in Turin in 2008 by Elisa Troiano, Renato Leotta and Alexandro Tripodi, CRIPTA747 is an institution dedicated to the research in the contemporary art field.
CRIPTA747 working at the intersection between national and international practices and debates, offers a programme with open-ended and process-based residencies, talks and lectures, artists’ projects, screenings, live art performances, publications and off-site events. CRIPTA747 houses the various aspects of contemporary art practice addressing the need of artists to make new work in a context that encourages dialogue and the exchange of ideas between visual art and other expressive languages. Over the Year, exhibitions feature emerging and international artists showing for the first time in Turin, significant historic figures who have inspired contemporary practice, and artist selected group shows relevant to current debate have contributed to think a new way to tell the evolution of contemporary realities. This cultural policy makes CRIPTA747 an open platform of exchange that fosters collaboration with small-scale similar projects and organizations to support artistic and discursive methodologies of production, mobility and the creation of an active network.
Via Quittengo 41/b
t: +39 348 549 8512