Call for Submissions 2017 CD Art Show
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: November 10, 2017 – The Dam Little Art Gallery announces a call for artists for its upcoming show, “2017 CD Art Show”.
In this age of audio and video streaming, CDs and DVDs are of little use. But why throw out the discs when you can convert them into beautiful mini-artworks? The 2017 CD Art Show will display numerous CDs and DVDs that feature original paintings, drawings, and mini-sculptures.
Here are a few guidelines for creating your own CD/DVD art:
- The final art must maintain the original CD/DVD disc size (typically 4.7 inches or 120 mm).
- You can glue canvas, paper, or similar materials to the discs so long as the width and height is not affected.
- If you attach sculpture, the sculpture depth must be less than 1 inch. All selected discs will be hung on a wall.
- Sorry, we’re not accepting printed copies of paintings, drawings, or photographs.
- You can create collages by gluing items to the discs.
- You can cover the disc’s central hole.
As for subject, anything goes so long as it doesn’t include graphic sexuality or violence.
APPLY/PAY ONLINE – $12 entry
Each artist can submit up to 4 CD/DVDs for a submission fee of $12.
The gallery will set the final selling price for each disc (between $25 to $150). The gallery will keep a 25% commission for any disc sales.
November 10, 2017: Submission deadline.
November 7, 2017: Selections announced via website and e-mail.
November 24, 2017: Shipping deadline for selected discs.
December 1, 2017: Show opening reception.
January 31, 2017: Show ends. Unsold discs shipped back within 1 week.
The Dam Little Art Gallery was established in 2015 and is located the historic Boulder Dam Hotel in Boulder City, Nevada. The gallery includes contemporary figurative work, plein air landscapes, outdoor photography, plus abstract and pop-surrealism pieces.
The Dam Little Art Gallery
1305 Arizona St., 1st Floor
Boulder City, NV 89005