Fellowships Dora Maar Residency Fellowships
U.S. National Deadline: Bi-Annual Recurring February 15, October 15 – The Brown Foundation Fellows Program, based at the Dora Maar House in Ménerbes, France, provides residencies of one to three months for mid-career professionals in the arts and humanities to concentrate on their fields of expertise.
Outstanding mid-career professionals in the arts and humanities are encouraged to apply for residencies from the Brown Foundation Fellows Program at the Dora Maar House.
Deadlines Applications not submitted by the due date will not be considered. Two cycles each year:
- Fellowships beginning March 1 or after & ending no later than June 30: Applications due by October 15
- Fellowships beginning July 1 or after & ending no later than November 30: Applications due by February 15
What does a Brown Foundation Fellowship at the Dora Maar House offer?
- one to three months in residence at the Dora Maar House
- a private bedroom and bath and a study or studio in which to work
- expenses paid for round-trip travel from a fellow’s home to the Dora Maar House
- a grant based upon the length of stay at the Dora Maar House
What does the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, ask of Brown Foundation Fellows?
- that they enjoy the opportunities this remarkable residence offers
- that they use their time well
- that they be friendly to the citizens of Ménerbes and that they participate in one public presentation
- donation to the Dora Maar House one drawing, publication, or other work created during the residency
- that they offer suggestions on how the museum can improve the residency experience
- and, should a publication result from the fellowship, that The Brown Foundation Fellows Program at the Dora Maar House be recognized in the acknowledgments
FUNDING & SUPPORT
The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, will provide for the fellow’s travel expenses to and from the house at the beginning and at the end of the residency as well as reasonable shipping costs for materials, i.e., books, research materials, art materials, etc.
There is a grant provided to fellows for living expenses. It is $50 US dollars a day.
Fellows have the use of a large fully-equipped communal kitchen for their meals. There is no meal service.
Each fellow will have a private bedroom, bathroom and studio. Each bedroom has one king-sized bed.
APPLY ONLINE – $20 Application
You will be required to provide:
- C.V. (no more than 3 pages)
- Project description
- Community participation description
- 2 professional references
- Samples of your work
- Scan of your valid passport (non-EU candidates); photocopy of your ID papers (French or EU candidates)
- Proof of any necessary visas, where applicable
- $20 application fee
Located in the heart of Houston’s Museum District, the MFAH is a dynamic cultural complex comprising two gallery buildings, a sculpture garden, visitors center, library, movie theater, gift shop, café, two art schools, and two house museums.
Museum of Fine Art Houston
Houston, Texas 77005