Residencies ECAR 2018
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: February 1, 2018 – The Emmanuel College Art Department offers an eight-week artists residency to four artists each summer from mid June to mid August. The residency supports a diverse group of artists, providing time and space for established and emerging artists to develop their work.
The Art Department specifically aims to award a residency to one individual from each of the four categories: ceramics, photography, printmaking and social justice. Fostering creative and artistic excellence, the residency also plays an important role in advancing the visual arts on the Emmanuel campus, providing an important educational program on contemporary art accessible to students, staff and faculty.
The residency defines Emmanuel College as a leader in the visual arts and brings greater visibility to that leadership role beyond the confines of the College.
The 2018 application period open from Nov 15 – Feb 1, 2018.
- Artists must not be currently enrolled in any academic program
- Residency is from mid June to mid August 2018
- Artists will receive a stipend of $1000 dollars and reimbursement for travel and visa up to an additional $1000.
- Lodging is provided in the college dorms, with access to a small kitchen.
- Artists may be invited back for a presentation during the 2018/19 academic year based on teaching needs
- Residents have access to communal college studio facilities with ample space sharing – ceramics, wood shop, print shop, darkroom, design lab and drawing studios
- Artists must devote 3 hours to Emmanuel’s summer art history course, Contemporary Art and Artistic Practice, discussing their own process.
Emmanuel will host a closing exhibition for all resident artists to participate in and show the larger community the end result of your work. Artists will donate one piece to Emmanuel College at the end of the residency.
- Application form
- Letter of intent: please describe your plan for your time at the residency
- 10-20 digital images of work (3-6 MB jpeg, 300 dpi)
- Artist statement
* Applications may also be submitted via post in digital format on a USB.
Contact email@example.com with questions or technical difficulties.
* Please note: We cannot confirm receipt of your mailed application. Please obtain delivery confirmation through the delivery provider. Application materials will not be returned.
Mail your application to:
Administrative Director of ECAR
400 The Fenway
Boston, MA 02115