Competitions 2nd Annual ‘Skies’ Juried Art Exhibition
International Deadline: June 27, 2018 – Fusion Art invites submissions for the 2nd Annual ‘Skies’ online juried art exhibition for the month of July 2018, and Gallery Group Show in Palm Springs in February 2019, plus more.
For this competition, artists are encouraged to submit their best art and photography depicting the sky. The sky is everything that lies above the surface of the Earth, including the atmosphere and outer space. The theme includes any depiction of the skies, including clouds, rainbows, auroras, lightning, precipitation and storms, stars, planets, moon, celestial events, the night sky, the day sky, dusk and dawn – just as long as the sky is the primary focus.
All artists over the age of 18, regardless of location or experience, are encouraged to submit their best representational or abstract art and photography.
- “Traditional” is open to the following 2D mediums: painting, drawing, pastels, inks, pencil, printmaking, encaustic, relief, and mixed media.
- “Photography & Digital” is open to the following mediums: analog photography, digital photography, digital photo artwork, digital painting, digital manipulations, digital collage, photopainting, vector drawing, digital mixed media (integrated art).
- “3-Dimensional” Art is open to the following media: relief, pottery, sculpture, installation, kinetic, and conceptual 3-D artworks created in metal, paper, wood, stone, fiber, plastics, glass, ceramics, or any other material which can be used to create 3-dimensional art.
- There are no size limitations on the artwork.
- Artwork does not have to be for sale to be entered into the competition.
BENEFITS & AWARDS
All competitions include awards in three categories. Best in Show and 2nd through 5th Place awards will be given. The Best in Show winners will be invited to Fusion Art’s 3rd Annual Group Show in Palm Springs in February 2019.
The exhibition and winning artists will be marketed and promoted extensively through the gallery’s website, in Fusion Art’s Artsy.net gallery, in hundreds of online press release announcements, email marketing campaigns to over 2000 buyers, collectors, galleries and art professionals, online event calendars, through art news websites… see more here.
All inquiries from potential buyers will be directed to the artist for negotiation. Fusion Art does not take a commission on any sale that results from the online exhibition.
- Deadline for Entries: June 27, 2018
- Opening of Online Exhibition: July 1, 2018
- Online Exhibition Closed & Archived: July 31, 2018 (remains on website under “Archived Exhibitions” for 3 years)
Fusion Art is an online gallery website where new, emerging and professional artists can enter online juried art exhibitions, obtain competition experience, as well as gain exposure to art collectors and art professionals.