Residencies Generous Summer Residency Program
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: March 1, 2019 – Gilbertsville Expressive Movement Inc. (GEM) is excited offer a unique opportunity to up-and-coming artists who wish to expand their current body of work or begin anew. All practices are welcome to submit portfolios for consideration.
Artists are encouraged to be ambitious and enjoy a private studio knowing materials, housing, and a living allowance will be provided during their stay in beautiful Gilbertsville NY. Five artists will be chosen to come and work during the months of May to September. Selected artists will be asked to choose which month they prefer, and a second choice in the application.
Submissions will be selected according to a clear sense of independent drive, craftsmanship, and an ability to produce a cohesive body of work. Applicants must have achieved a BA, BFA, MA, or MFA.
Selected artists must conceive and conduct one public workshop or artist talk/demo during their stay. Open studios will occur for public interaction. Artists will be expected to donate one piece of art made on site to add to the GEM collection
- Living Allowance: $1,500.00
- Material budget: +-$1,000.00 (Budget is established on selection)
- Housing: Private room, shared bath/kitchen, WIFI, phone.
- 24/7 private studio access, 1 skilled assistant (hours vary)
APPLY ONLINE – $25 Application Fee
Please submit via the Gilbertsville Expressive Movement website
- Artist resume (2 pages)
- Letter of intent (one page)
- Artist statement (brief)
- 10(min) 15(max) images of past/current work. (JPG 5mb max)
- Deadline for submissions: March 1st
- Notification of selections: April 1st
- Selected artists must choose their preferred month, and a secondary choice in their application.
Questions? Call 607-783-2897 email GvilleExpress@gmail.com
Gilbertsville Expressive Movement
1 Commons Drive
Gilbertsville, NY 13776
The mission of GEM is to support the education and promotion of local artistry in the Gilbertsville, New York area by providing funds and direct assistance through fellowships, residency and internship programs for emerging artists in the area of art, music, literature and other programs or projects.