Residencies GEM Sculpture Park Summer Residency
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: March 1, 2019 – Gilbertsville Expressive Movement Inc. (GEM) is proud offer a unique opportunity to up-and-coming artists who strive to create public sculpture. This is a chance to fabricate a grand and ambitious project to be a permanent addition to a spacious 14-acre sculpture park in Gilbertsville New York.
Material costs of this installation will be covered. Housing, and a stipend will be provided. Artists are encouraged to think big. GEM is seeking amazing ideas meant to challenge the artist’s abilities and boost their experience.
After reviewing portfolios, one (or two) experienced artists will be selected to design a final project. The work must be able to live with all the beauty and harshness of upstate New York’s weather. The general public’s safety must be considered.
- Living Allowance: $1,500.00/month
- Project budget: Decided upon after design is approved
- Housing: Private room, shared bath/kitchen, WIFI, phone
- 24/7 studio access, 1 skilled assistant (hours vary)
- Submissions will be selected according to a clear sense of independent drive, craftsmanship, and experience working in the public realm.
- Applicants are required to have recently achieved a BA, BFA, MA, or MFA.
- Selected artists must conceive and conduct one public workshop per month of any medium during their stay.
APPLY ONLINE– Application fee $25.00.
Visit us for more information and easy online entry.
Deadline for submissions: March 1st
Notification of selection: April 1st
Scale model and design phase: April 1-30
Fabrication begins in May and continues until project is complete
Questions? Call 607-783-2897 email GvilleExpress@gmail.com
Gilbertsville Expressive Movement
1 Commons Drive
Gilbertsville, NY 13776
The mission of GEM is to support the education and promotion of local artistry in the Gilbertsville, New York area by providing funds and direct assistance through fellowships, residency and internship programs for emerging artists in the area of art, music, literature and other programs or projects.