Competitions 31st National Drawing and Print Exhibition
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
U.S. National Deadline: January 15, 2020 – Gormley Gallery at Notre Dame of Maryland University invites artists to submit drawings and prints for our annual juried exhibition.
Drawing and prints (not photography) in any medium up to 60″ high (framed) are eligible, with no limitations as to color, surface, or materials. All drawings and prints must be original works of art. Each artist may submit up to 3 works online only. No mailed or emailed entries will be accepted. Accepted artworks must arrive at the gallery ready to hang.
This year’s juror is Doreen Bolger, Former Director of the Baltimore Museum of Art.
A minimum of $1,500 available in purchase prize money.
A nonrefundable entry fee of $36 entitles the artist to submit up to three entries.
- 20 images in jpg format
- Checklist (including title, date, dimensions, and media)
- Cover letter with detailed proposal for exhibition
- Artist’s statement
- Short C.V.
Initial jury will be of online submissions received by January 15, 2020. Notification will be by email on January 31, 2020. Accepted drawings and prints received by March 2 will be juried for purchase prize awards at the value set by the artist. Works selected for purchase prize awards will become the property of Notre Dame of Maryland University
- All accepted works must be ready to exhibit: framed with plexiglass (no glass), wired and ready to hang.
- Ship by UPS, no FedEx, using strong, reusable crates or cardboard cartons. No packing peanuts please.
- Include return shipping document with a scannable barcode.
Ship prepaid to: Drawing and Print Competitive Exhibition, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210
- Hand delivery drop-off dates TBA
- Entries due – January 15, 2020.
- Notification of acceptance – January 31, 2020.
- Work due at gallery – March 2, 2020.
- Exhibition Dates – March 23 through April 24, 2020.
- Reception and Gallery Talk – Saturday, March 28, from 4 to 6 p.m.
Questions: gormleygallery[at]ndm.edu No phone calls please.
Gormley Gallery provides visual arts programming at Notre Dame of Maryland University, exhibiting student and faculty art as well as work by community, regional and national artists. Gormley Gallery is located on the second floor of Fourier Hall.
Notre Dame of Maryland University
4701 N Charles St.
Baltimore MD 21210