Grants Jean-Claude Reynal Grant
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: October 10, 2018 – The Jean-Claude Reynal Foundation, under the auspices of the Fondation de France, in collaboration with the Fine Arts School of Bordeaux (EBABX), offers an biannual grant of 10,000 EUR to enable a young artist, who works on paper, to travel to a country of his/her choice for a period of 3 months minimum and 6 months maximum.
Candidates must be between 20 and 30 years of age and have had an artistic practice on paper for at least two years. All artists are eligible regardless of educational background or nationality.
50% of the scholarship money will be paid before departure and 50% at the time and place of the residency.
The prize winner authorizes the Jean-Claude Reynal Foundation to use a work of his/her choice on the following media announcements for the upcoming grant competition.
(1) fill in the application form (studies, curriculum, travel project);
(2) upload your portfolio as a zipped PDF (maximum filesize: 25 MB).
Works will be examined by the following jury:
- A representative of the Jean‑Claude Reynal Foundation
- A representative of the Fondation de France
- M. Dominique Pasqualini, director of the Fine Arts School of Bordeaux (EBABX)
- And qualified personalities (upcoming list)
- Deadline for online registration: October 10, 2018 at midnight (Paris time, UTC+01:00).
- Results of the first examination and selection will be announced by e‑mail November 5, 2018.
The selected artists will have to send three original works on paper (drawings or prints of all kinds), the dimensions of must not exceed 40 × 60 cm.
Works must be delivered personally or sent in no later than November 14, 2018 (as attested by date on postmark) to:
École Supérieure des Beaux-Arts de Bordeaux
7 rue des Beaux-Arts
T +33 (0)5 56 33 49 13 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates will be informed of results (first examination and final selection) by e‑mail. Original works will be returned within a reasonable time frame. Jean-Claude Reynal’s grant will be awarded in presence of the winner in: March 2019.