Jobs Mansfield University Seeks Assistant Professor – Studio Art
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
U.S. National Deadline: March 3, 2019 – Mansfield University’s Department of Art seeks to fill the position of Assistant Professor – Studio Art. This is a Tenure Track, full-time position, beginning in the Fall of 2019.
The Department of Art embraces the study of art and design through dynamic bachelor’s programs in Graphic Design and Art History. The department supports the needs of a diverse student body, including both first-generation and non-traditional students, as well as students from underrepresented populations. Majors and minors are provided with hands-on learning experiences through required internships and practicums, as well as through the management of our on-site gallery, all of which help to cultivate future art- and design-related leaders and entrepreneurs. The department offers a Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design and a Bachelor of Arts in Art History.
The Studio Art candidate must be able to teach a range of traditional and digital studio courses, from beginning- to advanced-level, including, but not limited to, Two-Dimensional Design, Drawing, Figure Drawing, Gallery Management and Exhibition Design, Foundations in New Media, and Painting. The successful candidate will be responsible for student academic advisement and will have committee and assessment responsibilities within the department and/or university. The successful candidate is expected to teach and advise students effectively; actively engage in continued scholarly growth in the field of art and design, with student collaboration encouraged; and make professional and university service contributions.
- Terminal degree (MFA) from a regionally accredited institution in Fine Art, Media Arts, Design, or closely related area.
- One to three years of professional working experience in the field of art or related area.
- Evidence of effective teaching experience at the university level, within introductory- and advanced-level courses.
- Experience teaching foundational-level studio art courses, such as Two-Dimensional Design or Drawing.
- Excellent communication skills (i.e., verbal and written).
- Demonstrated ability to teach, evaluate, and advise students within art/design.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a wide range of studio art-related media and digital technology.
- Proficient organizational and administrative skills.
- Evidence of the ability to support the mission, vision, and goals of the Graphic Design program, as well as those of the Department of Art and of Mansfield University.
For full position description and requirements, including application procedures, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/mansfield.
For full consideration, applications must be received by March 3, 2019. EEO Employer.
Mansfield University of Pennsylvania
112 Alumni Hall
Mansfield, Pennsylvania, 16933