Residencies McColl Center for Art + Innovation’ Funded Residencies
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: June 6, 2018 – McColl Center for Art + Innovation is a nationally acclaimed artist residency and contemporary art space in Charlotte, North Carolina. Its mission is to empower artists, advance communities, and contribute positive impacts to its broad public audience by introducing a range of current artistic practices. Located in the former Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church in Uptown Charlotte, McColl Center houses nine individual artist studios, more than 5,000 square feet of exhibition space, and multiple common-use spaces, including a studio for large-scale sculpture fabrication. We invite artists to take risks in their processes and explore their ideas within the context of Charlotte. We welcome the visiting public to connect with contemporary art and artists through exhibitions and public programs.
Winter/Spring 2019 Artist-in-Residence Program
Residency Session: January 7–April 30, 2019
Application Deadline: June 6, 2018
McColl Center annually awards residencies to approximately eighteen artists. Regional, national, and international artists are selected through a combination of open applications, invitations, and solicited nominations. The Artist-in-Residence Program is open to artists working in architecture, drawing, painting, sculpture, photography, film, video, new media, design, music, theatre, social practice, community organizing, urban agriculture, culinary arts, or interdisciplinary practices. The residency program provides a space for creative inquiry and exploration among a dynamic group of artists, thinkers, and practitioners.
● Minimum 21 years of age
● Matriculating students are not eligible.
● Past artists-in-residence of McColl Center should wait five years before applying for another residency. Artists are limited to two residencies at McColl Center.
- $6,000 living allowance
- $2,000 materials stipend
- $2,000 CHS project fee (Healthcare and Healing Program only)
- Furnished one-bedroom condominium with Wi-Fi
- Private workspace (230–819 square feet) with Wi-Fi
- Participation in a group exhibition on the second or third floor of McColl Center
- Photo and video documentation
- Technical and administrative services
- Reimbursement for one round-trip economy-class flight
- Opportunities to engage with McColl Center audiences via public programs
APPLY ONLINE – $35 Application
Applicants will be notified of their application status in July 2018, or as soon as possible, depending on the availability of the reviewing panelists.
McColl Center for Art + Innovation
721 N Tryon ST
Charlotte, NC 28202