Competitions Camera USA 2018: National Photography Exhibition & Award
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
U.S. National Deadline: March 5, 2018 – All photographers residing in the United States are invited to submit one photograph taken in the United States after January 1, 2014 for Camera USA® 2018: National Photography Exhibition and Award.
Now in its 8th year, Camera USA® is a national competition created by the Naples Art Association to inspire and encourage photographers of all skill levels and from all regions of the United States. The program features professional jurors, cash prizes, and culminates with a brick and mortar exhibition held at the beautiful Naples Art Association venue from June 4 through August 3, 2018.
A maximum of 80 photographs will be included in the Camera USA® 2018 exhibition. A $5,000 award will be presented to one photographer, plus travel reimbursement and up to three-nights hotel accommodations in Naples, Florida.
Three distinguished jurors will review all entries and nominate the National Photography Award Winner. The jurors are:
- Christopher Jones is Associate Curator of Photography at The Ringling Museum of Art, where he oversees the photography, new media and works on paper collection.
- Mark Sloan has been the Director and Chief Curator of the Halsey Institute of Contemporary Art at the College of Charleston since 1994.
- Paula Tognarelli is the Executive Director and Curator of the Griffin Museum of Photography in Winchester, Massachusetts.
APPLY ONLINE – Entry fee: $28
Visit us for complete details and to enter online (scroll to mid-page for Camera USA® 2018 link to description)
Notifications will be posted on March 26, 2018.
Photographs exhibited in Camera USA® 2018 may be available for purchase or listed as NFS (not for sale). The Naples Art Association processes sales and will retain a 30% commission on all artwork sold during the exhibition.
- March 5, 2018, Entry Deadline
- March 26, 2018; Notification Date
- May 7, 2018; Shipped Artwork Deadline
- May 11, 2018 from 10 am to 2 pm; Artwork Receiving (or on an earlier day by appointment)
- May 12, 2018 from 12 noon to 2 pm; Artwork Receiving
- May 14, 2018; Camera USA® 2018 Award Nominee Notified
- June 1 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm, Preview Reception and Awards Presentation
- June 4 – August 3, 2018; Exhibition On View with Free Admission
- August 5, 2018, 11 am to 1 pm; Artwork Pick-up
- August 6, 2018, 10 am to 2 pm; Artwork Pick-up
- Week of August 13, 2018; Photographs Return
The Naples Art Association is a 63-year old visual arts non-profit organization located in the heart of the 5th Avenue South shopping, dining and entertainment district. Exhibitions are free and open to the public. Gallery hours during the Camera USA™ 2017 exhibition are Monday through Friday from 10 am to 4 pm.
Naples Art Association
585 Park St.
Naples, Florida 34102