Competitions Small Works Winter 2019
U.S. National Deadline: December 28, 2018 – National Association of Women Artists, Inc. is calling all women artists 18+ to enter this Small Works Winter 2019 exhibition in the NAWA Gallery in NYC.
This juried exhibit is open to regular NAWA Members and non-members. All works must be original and for sale – no reproductions or Giclee Prints.
NAWA First Place Award $100
NAWA Second Place Award $75
NAWA Third Place Award $50
2 Honorable Mentions
- Maximum size for 2-D wall works and wall hanging sculpture INCLUDING frame: 15” x 15” x 5” (no exceptions).
- No ceiling hung artworks will be accepted. Free standing sculpture will be accepted. Max. weight 20 lbs. 15” x 15” max size. Works over the maximum sizes will be disqualified.
- No saw tooth hangers. All works must be wired to gallery standards and must meet professional presentation standards as interpreted by the NAWA Exhibition Committee.
- Plexiglass required for all works on paper. Exception: pastels can be framed in glass.
- Accepted works cannot be substituted and must be available for the duration of the exhibition.
- Do not photograph your work in frames!
- Graphic violence and/or lewd sexual content prohibited. Nudes are acceptable at the discretion of the committee.
- Work will not be hung if it is damaged in transit. We will notify you immediately if your work arrives damaged.
- Unframed canvas art work must have the sides painted (not left white).
- NAWA reserves the right to refuse work not professionally presented. This includes dirt under mats, nicked frames, acidic mats that are discolored, etc.
APPLY ONLINE – $40 entry fee.
Download complete Prospectus for details.
Artists agree to assume all shipping expenses related to exhibition.
ALL WORKS MUST BE FOR SALE. Price, title, dimensions of entered work cannot be changed. NAWA receives 30% commission on all sales. Artist will receive 70%. Price of entered work, title and medium cannot be changed once submitted.
The National Association of Women Artists (N.A.W.A.), the oldest women’s fine art organization in the country, is a vibrant community of professional women artists that strives to support its members and women artists at large through exhibitions, programs and education. N.A.W.A. members represent all areas of the visual arts including painting, sculpture, photography, print-making, encaustic, video art, installations and mixed media.
National Association of Women Artists
315 West 39th Street
Suite 508 – gallery
Suite 1210 – office
New York, NY 10018
Founded in 1889, N.A.W.A. is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization.