Public Art RFP Pescatori di Porte’ Public Art Project
International Deadline: February 15, 2019 – The Cultural Association TAMBÚCA announces an international art competition for artists, with the aim of redeveloping an area of the port of Viareggio, Tuscany, adjacent to the new fish market, to promote and enhance contemporary art. The area in question is that of the sheet metal warehouses of the Cittadella dei Pescatori that lead to the port, specifically the overhead doors of the corrugated metal warehouses. For the year 2019, 7 of 35 gates will be decorated.
The competition includes the selection of 30 finalist artworks that will be exhibited in a historic Villa of Viareggio and 6 winners who will have the opportunity to realize their decoration on the doors of the fishermen’s warehouses.
The competition is open to all artists, of all nationalities, from the age of 16 (the participation of under 18 artists is bound to the authorization of those who exercise parental authority).
In particular, the competition is aimed at:
- Artistic High Schools and Fine Arts Academies of the national and international territory.
- Independent artists of any nationality and level.
The fundamental criteria for selection will be quality, research, originality and contemporaneity, the creativity of the artwork proposed and consistency with the proposed theme. There will be no limitations of technique or style, as long as it’s a work of painting as faithful as possible to the result of the realization on the sheet metal door. By pictorial work is meant any use or manual intervention with oil, tempera, acrylic, industrial paint, ink, engraving, graphite, watercolor, vinyl, on any type of substrate, even if pre-printed, provided that the elaborate must be reproduced in a faithful way with enamel brush on corrugated metal support (on the site the photographic material of the supports to be decorated). The size of each work must be 50 x 60 cm in horizontal orientation, under penalty of exclusion from the competition.
APPLICATION – € 30 fee
Artists can apply and present the project in competition no later than February 15, 2019 at 23:59, using the following procedure:
- Online at www.tambucaversilia.com in the “Competitions” section, following the instructions
- By e-mail sending all the following documents to the address email@example.com:
– Registration form completed and signed
– Receipt of payment of the registration fee + academic certificate for students under 30
– Image of the artwork in competition to be presented in digital format in high definition (recommended resolution 300 dpi with a size not exceeding 3 MB)
– Valid identity document
– Brief description of the proposed work.
Alessandra Pagliuca: +39 348 8117053
Elisa Tamburrini: +39 345 4802558