Competitions PH21 Gallery Solo Exhibition
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: November 25, 2019 – PH21 Gallery invites photographers to submit their work for a solo exhibition in PH21 Gallery’s new exhibition space, the PH21 Gallery Project Room at Ráday Street 52. Please submit a coherent portfolio suitable for a solo exhibition, an artist statement and a short bio. The portfolio should consist of at least 15 and at most 35 images. The submission may include one or two series, provided that the two series are suitable for a joint presentation in a single exhibition. There are no generic, stylistic or thematic constraints; photographers working in all photographic areas and styles are welcome to submit their work.
Our new exhibition space at 52 Ráday St. is located just across the street from our main gallery. The PH21 Gallery Project Room has two rooms that are especially well-suited for solo exhibitions.
On display December 19, 2019 – January 11, 2020.
All photographers 18 years or older worldwide may enter the competition by submitting their own, original work. PH21 Gallery welcomes submissions from, and exhibits work of emerging and established photographers as well.
JUROR: Zsolt Bátori
Zsolt Bátori is a philosopher of art and photographer, living in Budapest. He has taught philosophy of art, photography theory and photography courses at various universities in Hungary, the United States, and Argentina, and has exhibited his photographic work internationally. Zsolt is also the founder and artistic director of PH21 Gallery… see more
AWARDS & BENEFITS
One winner and up to three honourable mentions will be selected and announced on our website and social media pages.
- The winner of this competition is awarded with a solo exhibition at PH21 Gallery Project Room from December 19, 2019 – January 11, 2020.
- PH21 Gallery will cover all printing and installation costs. In addition to the brick-and-mortar solo exhibition, the work of the winner will also be presented on a dedicated page of our website. The web page will include the artist statement and the bio of the photographer.
- The work of the three honourable mentions will be presented on our website, along with the artist statements and the bios of the photographers.
The entry fee is €40.00 for the whole portfolio (15-35 images).
* There is also a special rate for students and unwaged persons as well as for applicants from low-income economies.
- Submission deadline: November 25, 2019
- Notification: All entrants will be notified 7-10 days after the deadline.
- Exhibition dates: December 19, 2019 – January 11, 2020
* Editors Note: Deadline date has been updated to November 25, 2019 from what is posted on organization website.
PH21 Gallery is a contemporary exhibition space established in 2012 in Budapest, Hungary. The mission of the gallery is to provide group and solo exhibition opportunities and international exposure for contemporary photographers around the world.
Ráday u. 55.
Szkéné Theatre Annex
Műegyetem rkpt. 3.