Competitions Piece of Paper
U.S. National Deadline: April 27, 2018 – The St. Louis Artists’ Guild is holding a national call seeking artwork for our upcoming exhibit titled Piece of Paper. Paper is a versatile material that is at the core of contemporary art. It has unlimited surfaces, strengths, flexibility and accepts a multitude of mediums.
The call includes but is not limited to painting, drawing, photography, printmaking, sculpture, and book arts.
On display June 8, 2018 to July 21, 2018.
• Artist must be at least 18 years of age.
• Up to 3 entries may be submitted.
• Artwork must be original (not copied or made from a kit).
• Completed within the last two years.
• Not shown previously in the St. Louis Artists’ Guild’s galleries.
• Works must be priced and marked for saleor n ot for sale (NFS). NFS work must include an insurance value. The St. Louis Artists’ Guild will insure 65% of the value.
Karen Kunc is a Cather Professor of Art at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Kunc works have been shown in exhibitions nationally and internationally and are held in numerous collections: MOMA; Library of Congress; Milwaukee Art Museum; and Haas Arts Library Yale University… see more
Cash prizes totaling $1000 will be awarded by the juror. 1st Place: $500; 2nd Place: $250; 3rd Place: $150; Honorable Mention: $50; Honorable Mention: $50.
St. Louis Artists’ Guild members may submit up to three pieces for a non-refundable fee of $24. Non-members may submit up to three pieces for a non-refundable fee of $35.
Visit us for complete Prospectus and online application.
Artist notification: Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Sales are encouraged. The St. Louis Artists’ Guild retains a 35% commission on all works sold from this exhibition.
- Submission Deadline: April 27, 2018 (11:59 pm)
- Artist Notification: Tuesday, May 15, 2018
- Exhibition Dates: June 8, 2018 to July 21, 2018
- Opening Reception, Awards, and Juror Discussion Friday: June 22, 2018, 5pm
- Art Pickup: Tuesday, July 24, 2018. Begin artwork pickup.
- Exhibited artwork cannot be removed from the gallery until July 24, 2018.
The St. Louis Artists’ Guild inspires art experiences through extraordinary exhibitions, interactive, art education, outreach to diverse audiences, and by fostering creativity throughout the community. Since 1886, we’ve proudly served our community and members including emerging artists, commercial artists, architects, photographers, artisans, art educators, art lovers, and professional collectors. The St. Louis Artists’ Guild is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization that provides a space for regional and national artists to exhibit their work in our 5,000 sq. ft. gallery space centrally located in the greater St. Louis region.
We offer an opportunity for artists to display their work in a professional gallery while achieving our mission in raising awareness of artistic expression through exhibitions, programs, art making classes, gallery talks, and lectures.
St. Louis Artists’ Guild
12 North Jackson Ave.
Clayton, MO 63105