Competitions Richmond Art Center’ Call for Entries
U.S. Regional Deadline: January 27, 2020 – This Richmond Art Center exhibition will be juried by curator, educator and artist Kevin B. Chen. Artists who live in California and work in any media are invited to enter. Selected works will be presented in the South Gallery at the Richmond Art Center in Spring 2020.
Participation is open to all artists who reside/work in California. Open to all visual art media. Artwork submissions must be original work created since 2017 that have not previously been exhibited at the Richmond Art Center.
Kevin B. Chen has been involved in the Bay Area arts community for over two decades. He currently serves as faculty at San Francisco State University’s School of Art and at Stanford University’s Department of Art and Art History, a member of Recology’s Artist in Residence Program Advisory Board, and a Curatorial Committee member of Root Division and Pro Arts Gallery. He recently served as co-chair for the City of Oakland’s Public Art Advisory Committee and managed the de Young Museum’s Artist Residency Program and Public Programs.
Juror Awards: $1,000
Payment can be made online, over the phone or in person at the Richmond Art Center.
- Non-Members: $40 nonrefundable fee per entry entitles the submission of up to three artworks (one image per artwork).
- For RAC Members: $35 nonrefundable entry fee. Membership must be valid through end of exhibition Friday, May 29, 2020.
Registration may be done online, over the phone, or in person at the Richmond Art Center.
Selected artworks should be installation ready with any hanging hardware attached (rods, hanging wire, d-rings, etc.), and labeled with artists full name on the back/underneath. Work on paper should be framed or mounted.
For any artwork sales: artist receives 70% of the sale price; Richmond Art Center retains 30%.
- Deadline to Enter: Monday, January 27, 2020, 11:59 PM
- Artist Notification by: Friday, February 14, 2020
- Artwork Drop Off: Friday, March 6 and Saturday, March 7, 10am-4pm
- Exhibition Dates: March 17 – May 29, 2020
- Reception: Saturday, March 28, 5-7pm
- Artist Talk: TBD
- Artwork Pick Up: Saturday, May 30, and Monday, June 1, 10am-4pm
The Richmond Art Center is the largest visual arts center in the East Bay, and we deliver exciting arts experiences to young and old alike who reflect the diverse richness of our community. We do this through hands-on learning, well-equipped studios, traveling Art in the Community programs and contemporary exhibitions in our galleries.
Richmond Art Center
2540 Barrett Avenue
Richmond, California 94804