Competitions San Francisco Bay International Photography Awards
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: May 13, 2020 – San Francisco Bay International Photography Exhibition’ theme is open, all genres and styles are welcome.
On display September 1-20, 2020.
The competition is open to everyone, worldwide. Submitted photos must not have been previous award winners in San Francisco International competitions, must not have previously appeared in Bokeh Bokeh Photo, and must not have appeared in previous exhibitions at the ACCI Gallery.
Put your work in front of a jury of highly influential members in the photography world:
- Julia Dean, Executive Director – LA Center of Photography
- David Garnick, Editor, Bokeh Bokeh Photo, Director, SF Bay Month of Photography
- Hamidah Glasgow, Executive Director – Center for Fine Art Photography
- Michael Itkoff, Co–Founder, Daylight Books
- Molly Newgard, Executive Director – Oregon Center for the Photographic Arts
- Laura Sackett, Co–Founder & Creative Director – LensCulture
- 1st Place:$1,500
- 2nd Place:$1,000
- 3rd Place:$500
- The three Prize winning photographs will be included in the Gallery Exhibition
Gold and Silver Medal Awards
- Featured on Bokeh Bokeh Photo
- Electronic display during the Celebration Reception
- Shared with our past jurors
- Portfolio Awards receive solo features on Bokeh Bokeh Photo
- Daylight Story Feature Award, selected by Michael Itkoff, Co–Founder of Daylight Books, receives solo feature on Daylight Books
- All entries with at least six images will automatically be considered for Portfolio Awards and the Daylight Story Feature Award. Portfolio Awards and the Daylight Story Feature Award are given to compelling sets of photographs that have a unifying theme or visual style. You may submit multiple series (each with at least six images) as well as individual images. Every submitted photograph is considered for Prize, Medal, and Gallery Awards.
- Gallery Award winners selected from Gold and Silver Award winners
- Exhibited during the Month of Photography at ACCI Gallery, Berkley, California
- Printing and framing available at a modest price to make it easy to include your work in the Exhibition
$35 for the first three photos. $10 for each additional photo. Entries with 6 or more images will also be considered for Portfolio Awards.
Artists notified by June 15, 2020.
All work in the exhibition will be offered for sale. Artists may set their own prices or consult with the Director to determine prices. ACCI Gallery retains a 50% commission on sold works.
- Deadline for entries: May 13, 2020 (midnight Pacific Time)
- Award winners announced: June 15, 2020
- Opening of show: September 1, 2020
- Celebration reception: September 12, 2020
- Closing day of show: September 30, 2020