Competitions Landscape: Real and Imagined
International Deadline: September 25, 2018 – This is a worldwide call to artists for an exhibition at Site:Brooklyn. Landscape posits the challenge of how we imagine, view and engage with the world around us. This exhibition seeks to show how contemporary artists take up this challenge.
On display November 9, 2018 – December 15, 2018.
Eileen Jeng Lynch is the Curator of Visual Arts at Wave Hill New York Public Garden and Culture Center. She curates the Sunroom Project Space for emerging artists and is involved in all aspects of visual arts programming, including exhibitions in Glyndor Gallery, publications, and the annual Winter Workspace program. As an independent curator, Jeng Lynch organized exhibitions that featured emerging and established contemporary artists in galleries and nonprofit institutions, including Sperone Westwater, Lesley Heller Gallery, Dorsky Gallery Curatorial Programs… see more
This call for submission is open to all artists 18 years of age or older. This is a juried exhibition for artists working in 2-dimensional media.
The fee is $35. The fee is for up to three (3) images, plus $10 for each additional image.
Only original works may be submitted. Entries that differ significantly from their digital images may be rejected. The decision of the judges are final.
Notification of acceptance of work will be made via e-mail by, October 2, 2018. A return confirmation of participation is required by October 7, 2018 to hold a spot in the exhibition.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTED WORK
- Maximum Size: 72” X 60” X 12” D
- All artwork (work) must be suitably framed to a professional standard. All framed work must use Plexiglas, except hand-delivered work less than 24” x 30”. Assemblage, canvas and wood panels do not require a frame. No clip frames, saw-tooth hangers or taped edges are permitted.
- Work must be wired or have a cleat attachment and be ready for hanging. A label must be affixed to the back of the work that indicates which end is the top and includes the following: Artist Name, Title, Medium, Dimensions, and Price. This information must correspond with the Accepted image as listed on Notification form. No price or title changes are allowed after entry. No artwork may be substituted.
- All artwork must be priced for sale.
- Work cannot be withdrawn, nor sales shipped, before the end of the exhibit.
All artwork must be priced for sale. Site:Brooklyn will retain a 50% commission on all exhibition sales. The price represented on the artist entry form will be the sale price. No changes will be allowed. Sold works will remain until the end of the exhibition.
Final Submission Deadline: September 25, 2018
Notification Letter Date: September October 2, 2018
Gallery Exhibition Dates: November 9 –December 15, 2018
Opening Reception: Friday November 16, 2018 from 6-9PM
Site:Brooklyn is a gallery dedicated to exhibiting the current practice of contemporary artists. The gallery is located in the heart of the Gowanus arts district on 7th Street.
165 7th Street
Brooklyn, New York 11215