Competitions Art on Paper
International Deadline: November 26, 2018 – This is a worldwide call to artists for an exhibition at Site:Brooklyn. Art on Paper seeks to show how contemporary artists take up the challenge of working on and with paper. On display January 18, 2019 thru February 16, 2019.
Rebecca Lax is a Senior Specialist in Contemporary, PWC and Prints & Multiples at Artnet auctions in New York City. Her background is extensive in contemporary art having spanned 30 years. Early in her career, she worked at several blue chip galleries: Leo Castelli at 420 West Broadway, Knoedler, Pace Prints and Galerie Lelong, NYC. Aside from the directorial, curatorial, management and sales knowledge gained from those experiences, she also worked as a corporate art consultant in acquisitions for Goldman Sachs, Banco Santander and Pitney Bowes. A very important position in her career was spent in the academic sector acting as Director of Finance for the LeRoy Neiman Center for Print Studies at Columbia University. She continues to be a contributing member to Arttable and the Association for Women Art Dealers… see more
This call for submission is open to all artists 18 years of age or older. This is a juried exhibition for artists working in 2 dimensional media, drawing, painting, printing, photography, collage and assemblage.
The fee is $35. The fee is for up to three (3) images, plus $10 for each additional image.
Only original works may be submitted. Entries that differ significantly from their digital images may be rejected. The decision of the judges are final.
Notification of acceptance of work will be made via e-mail by, December 7, 2018. A return confirmation of participation is required by December 11, 2018 to hold a spot in the exhibition.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTED WORK
- Maximum Size: 72” X 60” X 12” D
- All artwork (work) must be suitably framed to a professional standard. All framed work must use Plexiglas, except hand-delivered work less than 24” x 30”. Assemblage, canvas and wood panels do not require a frame. No clip frames, saw-tooth hangers or taped edges are permitted.
- Work must be wired or have a cleat attachment and be ready for hanging. A label must be affixed to the back of the work that indicates which end is the top and includes the following: Artist Name, Title, Medium, Dimensions, and Price. This information must correspond with the Accepted image as listed on Notification form. No price or title changes are allowed after entry. No artwork may be substituted.
- All artwork must be priced for sale.
- Work cannot be withdrawn, nor sales shipped, before the end of the exhibit.
All artwork must be priced for sale. Site:Brooklyn will retain a 50% commission on all exhibition sales. The price represented on the artist entry form will be the sale price. No changes will be allowed. Sold works will remain until the end of the exhibition.
Final Submission Deadline: November 26, 2018
Notification Letter Date: December 3, 2018
Gallery Exhibition Dates: January 18 – February 15, 2019
Opening Reception: Friday January 18, 2019 from 6-9 PM
Site:Brooklyn is a gallery dedicated to exhibiting the current practice of contemporary artists. The gallery is located in the heart of the Gowanus arts district on 7th Street.
165 7th Street
Brooklyn, New York 11215