Grants The Tech + Arts Incubator
International Deadline: August 1, 2018 – The Tech+Arts Incubator welcomes proposals for participatory digital art projects that will be produced in collaboration with some of the world’s most innovative tech companies, and be hosted at The Tech Museum of Innovation in San Jose, California.
The Incubator awards grants of up to $50,000 to develop new digital art experiences. Plus we will provide:
- Partnership with technology companies. Review the current list below.
- 2,500 square feet R&D gallery, including office space.
- Mentorship with The Tech staff and industry experts.
- Fabrication space and shared equipment including 3D printers, a laser cutter, Canon cameras, projectors, large format printers, graphics tablets, room-scale VR stations (Oculus; HTC Vive) and other tools.
- 135,000 square feet of current exhibition space with a capacity to accommodate potential installations.
Preference will be given to artists who can demonstrate a high level of technological knowledge/skills and can provide evidence that illustrates the feasibility of the project from a technical perspective. Applications are open to individuals and collectives located anywhere in the world.
The Tech Museum of Innovation is a family-friendly interactive science and technology center located in the heart of downtown San Jose, California. It has become a landmark for visitors seeking a glimpse of the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
The Tech Museum of Innovation
201 South Market Street
San Jose, CA 95113