Public Art RFP VCU Memorial Hospital’ Artwork Purchases
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
U.S. Multi-State Deadline: November 15, 2017 – VCU Health Community Memorial Hospital requests original art for the new C.A.R.E. Ambulatory patient facility in South Hill, Virginia.
VCU Health Community Memorial Hospital is seeking artists to submit digital images of original artwork available for purchase for the new facility being built in South Hill. This opportunity is open to artists living in Virginia and North Carolina.
The imagery and subject matter should embody the concept of “Caring.”
TYPES OF ARTWORK
- Drawings, paintings, collage, prints, digital art and wall mounted sculpture,
- All work should be “hospital friendly,”
- Nature, natural elements and health are the underlying themes of the building.
- Cultural diversity in subject and content.
- Contemporary art that stands on its own, and with a theme that unifies.
- Proposals for commissions will not be accepted
ORIENTATION & SIZES
Generally the following sizes are desired:
- Vertical Small (Minimum 24 inches)
- Vertical Large (Maximum 48 inches)
- Horizontal Small (Minimum 24 inches)
- Horizontal Large (Maximum 72 inches)
INFO ABOUT BUILDING
VCU Health Community Memorial Hospital CARE Building is located at 1755 North Mecklenburg Avenue, South Hill VA 23950. It has an estimated total square footage of 66,074 SF.
The call is open to all artists 18 and older living in Virginia and North Carolina.
HOW TO APPLY BY MAIL OR EMAIL
Artists interested in this project must prepare and submit the following:
- Digital images of original artwork for sale.
- Artist’s Statement, no more than 200 words in length, describing your work.
- Current Resume (include a telephone contact number)
- Available Work on CD, DVD, Google Docs or Email digital files.
Digital images must be saved on one CD. VCU Department of Cultural Programs will only accept JPEG file formats. All JPEGs must be sized at least 95 dpi, 5”x7”. Please include the frame in the photograph if the work is framed. You must number and title each JPEG and include a description sheet with corresponding numbers. The sheet should list your name and the titles, dates, media, dimensions (including framing if work is framed) and price of your work.
Optional: Each artist may include up to three selections of support materials such as reviews, news articles, web links and other related information.
Submit all materials by Email or in a 10”x13” envelope. Do not use staples, paperclips, folders, or report covers on any materials.
Materials must be received by the VCU Health Department of Cultural Programs by 5 pm on November 15, 2017. Postmarks are not acceptable. Emailed digital files will be accepted and are preferred. Hand deliveries will be accepted.
PLEASE EMAIL, DELIVER or MAIL MATERIALS TO:
• Email entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Deliver to:
Department of Arts In Healthcare
Clinical Support Center
403 N. 13th Street, Room 307-A
Richmond, VA 23298
• Mail to:
Community Memorial Hospital Art
Attn: P. Muzi Branch
Submissions for the project will not be returned..
FINAL ART SELECTION
The Committee will review the submittals and select original artwork. Art will be selected based on the following criteria:
• Subject matter
• Diversity and Cultural Richness
The intent is to feature a diverse cross-section of local artists from the south central Virginia and northern North Carolina region.
Artists whose work is selected for purchase for the project will be notified by November 30, 2017. Art will be installed in January 2018.
Only artists whose work is selected for purchase will be contacted.
The VCU Health Department of Cultural Programs is under no obligation to purchase artwork based on the images submitted. Beyond formal notifications, the VCU Health Department of Cultural Programs will not enter into any correspondence regarding purchase decisions.
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please call P. Muzi Branch at (804) 828-4706 or email him at: email@example.com