Public Art RFP VCU Health’ Artwork Purchases
U.S. Multi-State Deadline: July 1, 2020 – VCU Health is seeking artists to submit digital images of original artwork available for purchase for the new Adult Outpatient Pavilion (AOP). The building is located at 1001 E. Leigh Street. This opportunity is open to artists in Virginia, North Carolina, Washington, DC, Maryland and West Virginia.
Types of Artwork
- Drawings, paintings, collage, prints, digital art, photography and wall mounted sculpture,
- All work should have uplifting imagery, however the work should be able to engage young and older adults.
- Nature, natural elements, abstract art, figurative art and the James River are the underlying themes for the artwork.
- Cultural diversity in subject and content.
- Art that stands on its own, and with a theme that unifies.
- Do not submit proposals for commissions.
Orientation and sizes
- Vertical Small (Minimum 24 inches)
- Vertical Large (Maximum 48 inches)
- Horizontal Small (Minimum 24 inches)
- Horizontal Medium (Maximum 48 inches)
- Horizontal Large (Maximum 72 inches)
Information about the Building
This 610,000 square foot outpatient hospital and academic health center along with attached 472,000 SF parking deck is being built on the extremely tight site of the previous Virginia Treatment Center for Children at East Leigh St. between 10th and 11th Streets. The co-located array of services within the building ensure efficiency and collaboration between specialty clinics, including the Massey Cancer Center, dental, and women’s services. There is also on-site diagnostic testing, laboratories, and medical imaging services. This new facility will strengthen and support the clinical research activities of VCU faculty and VCU Health team members.
The call is open to all artists in Virginia, North Carolina, Washington, DC, Maryland and West Virginia. The art selection panel will consider diversity as one factor in the selection process.
HOW TO APPLY
Artists interested in this project must prepare and submit the following:
- No more than 15 digital images of original artwork for sale.
- Artist’s Statement, no more than 200 words in length, describing your work.
- Current Resume
- Artwork Email digital files. (Large files may require multiple emails.)
VCU Department of Cultural Programs will only accept JPEG file formats. All JPEGs must be sized at least 250 dpi. Please include the frame in the photograph if the work is framed. You must number and title each JPEG and include a description sheet with corresponding numbers. The sheet should list your name and the titles, dates, media, dimensions of the image (including framing if work is framed) and price of your work. Optional: Each artist may include up to three selections of support materials such as reviews, news articles, web links and other related information.
Submit all materials by Email only. Do not use file transferring software.
Materials must be received by the VCU Health Department of Arts In Healthcare by 5 pm on July 1, 2020.
Emailed digital files will be accepted.
PLEASE EMAIL MATERIALS TO:
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE PROJECT WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
The Committee will review the submittals and select original artwork.
Artists whose work is selected for purchase will be notified by October 15, 2020. Art will be installed in spring 2021. All purchased art must be hand-delivered. VCU Health will NOT pay shipping cost or insure work while in transit.
The VCU Health is committed to reflecting the diversity and cultural richness of Richmond in our selection Process
Only artists whose work is selected for purchase will be contacted.
The VCU Health Department of Arts In Healthcare is under no obligation to purchase artwork based on the images submitted. Beyond formal notifications, the VCU Health Department of Arts In Healthcare will not enter into any correspondence regarding purchase decisions.
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please call P. Muzi Branch at (804) 828-4706 or email him at: email@example.com