Competitions 42nd International Watermedia Exhibition
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: January 11, 2019 – The Watercolor Art Society – Houston is proud to announce that our 42nd International Watermedia Exhibition now accepting entries.
The Exhibition will highlight the artistic excellence of its global participants in a gallery exhibit held in Houston’s popular Museum District. The 42nd IWE is intended to help promote and provide optimal exposure for outstanding international artists who excel in water media.
On display March 3 thru April 4, 2019.
Open to artists worldwide, 18 years of age or older. Work must at least be 80% water media watercolor, acrylic, gouache, egg tempera, casein, ink. NO water miscible oil. See more media eligibility on Prospectus here.
This year highly sought after Andy Evansen is the Juror and Instructor.
Andy’s paintings have appeared on the cover of American Artist’s Watercolor magazine and in International Artist, Watercolor Artist, Plein Air and American Art Collector magazines. His award-winning paintings are in collections on four continents and he has become a sought-after workshop instructor who paints and teaches internationally. He is a signature member in American Watercolor Society, Northwest Watercolor Society, Red River Watercolor Society, and Plein Air Painters of America.
BENEFITS & AWARDS
In March 2019, selected entries will receive maximum exposure at our juried, month-long exhibit and have an opportunity to win generous awards from our sponsors (over $7,000 in awards).
Nonrefundable Fee of $35 per entry, or 2 for $50 or 3 for $65 (one painting per artist might be exhibited).
Read complete Prospectus and Apply Online.
Can be for sale or NFS (not for sale). Donation to Gallery of 20% for cash sales and 25% for credit card sales.
- Deadline for entry submission: 11:59PM on January 11, 2019 MST
- Juror review for entries: January 12 – January 25, 2019
- Notification of acceptance: January 26, 2019 2019
- Accepted entries must be received at WAS-H gallery: 3:00pm on February 28, 2019
- Awards Ceremony: March 3, 2019 3:30pm – 5:30pm
- Juror Andy Evansen’s demo: March 3, 2019 2:15pm – 3:30pm
- Juror Andy Evansen’s major workshop: March 4, 2019 – March 8, 2019
- Art Lover’s Reception: March 7, 2019 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- The Art Party: March 28, 2019 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Exhibition Closes: April 4, 2019 3:00pm
- Paintings returned: April 5, 2019
Questions: IWE Co-Director Tom Kraycirik, email@example.com (832-356- 3587)
Founded in 1975, the Watercolor Art Society – Houston (WAS-H) is a non-profit organization with over 600 members. For over 40 years, WAS-H has brought the excitement of water-media to the greater Houston area with outstanding exhibitions, world-class instruction and dedicated community outreach. Year-round opportunities are provided to every level of painter, from novice to the seasoned expert.
Watercolor Art Society-Houston
1601 West Alabama
Houston TX 77006