Jobs Whitney Museum Seeks Curatorial Assistant for the 2019 Whitney Biennial
U.S. National Deadline: Open Until Filled – A full-time, temporary Curatorial Assistant position, reporting to the co-curators of the Whitney Museum’s 2019 Biennial, is available.
The incumbent will support the work of organizing the Whitney’s signature exhibition, one of New York’s most exciting and challenging contemporary projects. A strong interest in and experience with contemporary art is essential, and production-oriented experience a plus. Health insurance offered.
- Assistance in the planning and installation of the 2019 Biennial, including management of checklists, schedules, and databases
- Daily administrative support (management of the curators’ calendars and travel, drafting correspondence, preparation of presentations, processing invoices, and other general office and clerical duties)
- Research on artists
- Preparation and writing of didactic texts
- Serving as liaison with the curators’ internal and external contacts, including artists, trustees, donors, scholars, and museum departments such as Exhibitions and Collections Management, Publications, and Research Resources.
- B.A. in art history (M.A. a plus) and 2 years institutional work history, or equivalent experience
- Skills related to TMS, Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Outstanding organizational, writing, research, and communication skills, with attention to detail
- Facility in representing the Whitney at events at the Museum and beyond
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, handle several deadlines simultaneously and work well as a member of a team
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com and state “Curatorial Project Assistant, Biennial” in the subject line.
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the requirements of the job openings or internships. We will keep your resume on file should appropriate future openings become available. Please do not send catalogues or original materials. The Museum cannot assume responsibility for any original materials which are submitted. No calls, please.
The Whitney Museum of American Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Museum does not discriminate because of age, sex, religion, race, color, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other factor prohibited by law. Qualified candidates of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. This description shall not be construed as a contract of any sort for a specific period of employment.
Whitney Museum of American Art
99 Gansevoort Street
New York, NY 10014